How to retrieve a box buried in sandy water

zrp31

Oct 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have stumbled upon a box that is buried 15 ft in the ground. The issue with this, is that the box is located near a river; therefore, the water table is 4 below the surface. Below the water table, the soil is all sand (sandy water). We have attempted to reach this box by digging down to this location with a manhole and a pump; however, the sand keeps coming back up when we are excavating the sand. I am in need of a suggestion on how to retrieve this box without digging to reach it, because this is proving to not be possible. I was thinking about using a water pump, and pumping water that is above the box to below the box. This would create a "cycle" of the water possibly lift the box to this surface. I have no idea if this will work, but I am looking for some advice on how to proceed.

Calgarychef

Jan 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how to get it but how did you find it? And if you can't see it how do you know it's a box? Maybe look at what's been tried on oak island to get some ideas. A culvert dropped down and excavated with water pressure as you go down with a dive suit sounds like a good idea to me, as long as you don't kill yourself in the process

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it a metal box? I'm guessing that it is, but want to be sure.

lol! Just realized how old this thread is. Did you ever retrieve the box?

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Never be "Shy" to use ideas that have worked in the "Past"!

Yes, referred to above...Dan Blankenship used several Fuel Storage Tanks cut out to get down into Borehole 10X.

Fuel storage tank.gif

Just make sure they are not full of fuel when you "Blow Torch" the ends off.

Cut the ends off
Place it over your location
Dig down and use a water pump to clear out the water as it seeps in.
15 Feet and you have a "Treasure Chest"?

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jet a magnet down to the box, and then jet your way back out with reverse-facing nozzles. The jets will loosen the sand ahead of the box as it is being lifted out.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really when your done I need help raising a treasure galleon which is stuck on a coral reef!!!!!!

Last edited:

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have stumbled upon a box that is buried 15 ft in the ground. The issue with this, is that the box is located near a river; therefore, the water table is 4 below the surface. Below the water table, the soil is all sand (sandy water). We have attempted to reach this box by digging down to this location with a manhole and a pump; however, the sand keeps coming back up when we are excavating the sand. I am in need of a suggestion on how to retrieve this box without digging to reach it, because this is proving to not be possible. I was thinking about using a water pump, and pumping water that is above the box to below the box. This would create a "cycle" of the water possibly lift the box to this surface. I have no idea if this will work, but I am looking for some advice on how to proceed.

Sure would like to hear how this endeavor went !

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure would like to hear how this endeavor went !

I doubt anything came of it.
He made a total of three posts on t-net.

First, after reading the post that he stumbled onto a box buried 15 feet underground using a gold detector I would have to question the credibility of the claim.
Second, if he did find a box full of gold he would be wise not to post it.

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread