Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All !

Looking for opinions and also any general information you can offer on using a ferrite (a small ceramic shape with high-iron content.) to Ground Balance a metal detector.
I saw this demonstrated recently on the Internet via a Minelab youtube for their GPZ 7000.

Then I did some investigation and discovered that there are many manufacturers of small-size ceramic ferrites of various shapes with different percentages of metals in the composition, but ferrite (iron dust) usually has the highest percent in a ceramic alloy, and possibly the largest volume of these ferrites is produced for the electronics and electrical products industries.

In addition to opinions and/or general information you might be able to offer, I would appreciate answers to the following questions if possible, but I guess these are for our science experts. :wink:

#1..Do the ingredients in the ferrite alloy, in terms of metals used and their percentages,
need to be matched to the particular metal detector's frequency and/or circuit design for
optimum Ground Balancing?

#2..Or is the choice of a ferrite and it's composition not that important as long as the ferrite content reigns King?

Thanks for your replies gals and guys !

ToddB64

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread