My boys Cullen and Matthew

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Titan 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone I have been away for awhile now. The reason being is that my youngest boy's leukemia relapsed. He put up a valiant fight but passed away Sept. 1st. I was barely able to look at his detector let alone even coin shoot anymore. It has been particularly difficult to get back to the hobbies I enjoy, just as it was to collect coins again years ago. We lost our first son Matthew in 96 and we were avide coin collectors. I wasn't into detecting back then but we had started a small coin collection. Cullen and I carried that on after our middle child Michael lost interest in his teenage years. I purchased a ACE250 for him 2 years ago and we were able to go out a few times.
Now I feel I'm able to carry on with them in spirit.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
CaptainMorgan,
welcome back.

Things like you have been through take time.
Some will never leave your mind.

Life goes on.
Hold on tight.

have a good un...
SHERMANVILLE

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i know what you mean captin morgan when my mom passed in 2004 she used to be a auction junkie and i had not been to one in almost 4 years it was last summer and i needed stuff for my flea market booth i went but every time i started to bid on something i looked to see if my mom was bidding on it about half way through the night the auctioner told me its ok bub she aint here with her number so bid away and they retired her number last year

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
I'm so sorry. I lost my 12 year old son in 1982 and I can tell you this, they will never be far from your memory. He would want you to continue finding the good stuff.

vicki

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
CaptainMorgan said:
Hi everyone I have been away for awhile now. The reason being is that my youngest boy's leukemia relapsed. He put up a valiant fight but passed away Sept. 1st. I was barely able to look at his detector let alone even coin shoot anymore. It has been particularly difficult to get back to the hobbies I enjoy, just as it was to collect coins again years ago. We lost our first son Matthew in 96 and we were avide coin collectors. I wasn't into detecting back then but we had started a small coin collection. Cullen and I carried that on after our middle child Michael lost interest in his teenage years. I purchased a ACE250 for him 2 years ago and we were able to go out a few times.
Now I feel I'm able to carry on with them in spirit.

we are praying for you and your family my friend

cares from all of us

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
its loss has led me to the depths of the heart and want you to know that here in Spain is a friend ..... God rest her soul to her two children.
a hug.

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
Captain Morgan,

As a father of two children I was brought to tears reading your post. I truley hope the best for you and your family. God Bless.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thoughts and prayers are with you, I have 8 yr old twin boys and couldn't begin to imagine what it would be like to lose one or both of them. I'm sure that they would want you to continue doing the things that you enjoy.

OP
OP
CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Titan 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally after bottoming out in life I have gotten back up and able to again do the hobbies I did with my sons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread