Thank God (and Alabama) for Mr. Bob Howard

stilldign

Oct 21, 2007
I have nothing but the utmost respect for all of our brave men and women who have served this Country, as well as those who are currently serving. But today folks, America lost a great man, his name is Bob Howard.
Bob was born in Opelika, Alabama on July 11, 1939. He proudly served this Country from 1956-1992, first as an enlisted man, but he retired as a full-bird Colonel. As a testimony to the greatness of this man, Bob was recommended for the Medal of Honor.....THREE TIMES. However, it is only allowed to be given one time. Bob also received 8 (EIGHT!!!!!) Purple Hearts, and the list of the medals that he received is so long that it would take me an hour to list them all!!!! At one time, it was believed that Mr. Howard was the most highly-decorated living American soldier in history.
Folks, the story of this man's life is nothing short of totally phenomonal!!! I could go on and on but instead I suggest that you, if you are interested enough, do your own research....I promise that you will be totally in awe of what this one man accommplished in his life, the lives he saved, the people he touched...including me, even though I had never heard about him until watching the World News tonite (December 23, 2009), where his death was reported. Bob passed away at 70 years of age. He has gone home to his reward and all I can say is; "Thank-you God.........and thank-you Alabama".
Merry Christmas everyone, especially to those serving our Country. Please don't forget to tell your children about the freedoms that we enjoy, and that it is people like Mr. Bob Howard that make these freedoms possible.
Thank-you, Mr. Howard. God Bless.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
:icon_salut:

Thank you and God bless you Mr. Bob Howard.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I believe he was more decorated than Sgt. York or Audie Murphy, yet he had no ticker tape parades, movie deals or etc. He advocated to the day he died that we still may have imprisioned POWs in SE Asia and to keep the pressure on in finding them.
Wikipedia is a good initial source for bio information on this hero.
Thanks for the wake-up call 'stilldign'.
Don...

OP
OP
S

stilldign

Oct 21, 2007
Don,
I cannot accept any form of thanks what-so-ever. Col. Howard deserves ALL of the credit, and his awards prove that he was, literally, one in a billion.
Looking at a photo of Col. Howard you can just tell that he was an awesome person, a very humble person.
Thank-you for your input, Don.
Sincerely,
stilldign

DixieHunter145

Oct 12, 2008
Hanceville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 w/ YF-1 Invader Probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On behalf of the Cullman County Relic Hunters in Alabama, Rest in Peace Mr. Howard
God Speed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread