Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Lost one of my hunting partners and a Dear Friend. JEFF STONE (STONEY56)

I just got a phone call from Burdie this morning telling me about Jeff's passing! I still can hardly believe it! He and I and Burdie were very close friends. We spent may hours tromping through the brush together and of course Evi was right there with us every step. We had many meals together, sat around and told lies and laughed together many times. When I first got into metal detecting Jeff and Evi were the ones that helped me get started and addicted I might add. They always came down to the local club hunts at the Sapulpa fairgrounds and we always partnered up in the team hunts. We never won anything but had a great time deciding a name for our team and digging up the turf until we gave out. I have not been in the best of health the last couple of years and it was always Jeff and Evi that would help me when I was not able to carry my load and got me over the hump and back into commission. They were an inspiration that kept me going when I didn't think I could. Burdie and I were always the ones Jeff phoned when he had found a "secret" spot to hunt and was always eager to share with us and invite us up to go with him and Evi. Jeff was a good friend, a good man and a great husband and grandfather. I got to know his grandkids and loved to tease them when we got together. I always felt more like "Uncle Jim" than "Monty" when I was around them. I hope to be able to keep that relationship now that Jeff is gone. I am very deeply hurt that Jeff has left us but if there is a treasure hunt in heaven I know he will win first prize and someday we will all get to go diggin' in the heavenly dirt. That would be our concept of heaven, to find treasure at every signal. I know he has a treasure on earth. And Evi be assured you can count on me for anything at all. So very very sorrowful and saddened at Jeff's passing. Be comforted that you know that you have an untold number of friends that will stand by you in your hours of need. We love you and your family. Jim (Monty) and Kay

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

godisnum1 said:
I'm really sorry to hear this today. :'( I messaged Evy on Facebook just a bit ago to tell her that I'm praying for her... I'll also be praying for the Stone family as well.
Bran <><
Same here!! Sure wish I'd joined TNet earlier so I could have gotten to know Jeff better. He was such a nice and funny guy when we spent time with them at CTH2. He will be missed!!

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I could not of said it any better Jim. We all will miss him.
Burdie

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

I truly don't have the words. You will be missed my friend.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm speech less... :o :-[
He'll be missed... :'(

My condolences to Evy..

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
O.M.G.

Evey I can barely see to type this.
I am so so sorry.
Will call you later.
Please accept our condolences and our love,
and most especially our prayers.
if you need us you have all the numbers, CALL.

Jeff, my old friend, I miss you already.
Say a good word fo me.
May all your new hunts be good.

Your Friends
Thom and Kathy

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, dear - we are so sorry to hear about this.

I only knew him at Tnet, but he seemed like one heck of a man.

We will all be worse off because of this loss.

Mr. O and I offer all our thoughts and prayers - to his friends and family - and also to you, Monty - who I know lost a good friend.

Mr. & Mrs. Oroblanco

Attachments

• sympathy.jpg
    sympathy.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,504
  • sympathy.jpg
    sympathy.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,501

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you never have enough good freinds that you can afford to lose one , I feel for you -- losing a good freind leaves a huge hole in a persons life --as well as their familys life -- oddly honestly we cry not for them , since they are in heaven their problems and struggles over with , but rather for ourselves * and our loss * we those the poor souls left behind who will not have their freindship and help and guidance to assist us during our daily struggles. --- we lost a loved one , a freind and helper thats why we cry -- because to cry for them would be silly -- since they are in heaven , with no more "problems" of any kind and why should a living person cry about thier loved one getting that?

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Evy, I'm so very sorry to hear this! Jeff has always been one of the kindest, fun-loving welcoming dude at TNet or CTH or anywhere around. I'm dumbstruck, just dumbstruck.

Evey, you and the family are in my thoughts, my prayers... May each of you find God's grace and strength to help you through. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

What can I do? What do you need? Much love and many prayers are flying your way, hon. What can we do to help?

holding you close in my heart,
Nan :'(

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Just found out. :'( I never met Jeff in person, but through email and facebook, he was always so sweet and so nice to me! Thank you Jeff, for your kindness. You will be missed by so many, you have touched many a soul!

Ron and I (and family) send our Prayers to Evelyn and family. I'm so sorry Evie...I wish I could squeeze through this screen and give you such a hug!

In Love and Prayers.....Ron, Ann and family

God of hope,
we come to you in shock and grief and confusion of heart.
Help us to find peace in the knowledge
of your loving mercy to all your children,
and give us light to guide us out of our darkness
into the assurance of your love,
in Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just learned of Jeff's passing a few minutes ago. . . I am stunned
but most of all, saddened to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out
to you Evi and to the rest of your family.

Please, take care & God Bless,
Mark

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
One of the nicest people I have met on this site. I am glad that I had the opportunity to hunt with Jeff in Missouri. He will be missed.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I keep trying to post and can't find anything worthy. Wish you were closer Evy so I could sit with you. Know you are loved and prayed for and I am in HIS lap with ya! ~hugsnprayers~ I love you

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
so sorry for the loss of stoney :'(

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
This is such a huge loss.
Words fail me.
For you and yours, Evy; we are all here and praying .

nana40hubby

Jan 16, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nana40
I met Stoney on or around October 14th 2006. I haven't been lifelong friends with Stoney nor have we talked an a daily basis. I shared very few interests with Stoney being that I have never cared that much for metal detecting. I met Stoney trying to make my wife (Nana40) happy. It was a trip that I had dreaded for quite some time. Upon arriving in Otterville I was met with smiles and hugs from people I had never seen or spoken with. Stoney & Evy were some of those people. I have since developed a special place in my heart for the friends that we have made on our TNet trips. Stoney was someone who immediately became a friend. While Stoney is not the only person on TNet that I share these friendships with, he was one of the first. He was a great ambassador for TNet and the metal detecting community and he will be missed by everyone. I am proud that I had an opportunity to have met him and call him a friend. I was absolutely devastated when my wife called me this morning with the news. Evy, my prayers are with you and your family.

Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread