In Memory of Stoney56 ~ TNet Member

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I don't know where to start. Jeff had to have been the guy with the BIG heart, quick with a joke, freely giving good advice
making you feel like you were someone special, all in all, a guy that I'm happy to call friend.
we won't be able to carry on a conservation anymore, but I still have all the memories. setting up the webcam for the LBH
( I watched ) having breakfast in Ponca City, traipsing through the weeds to see if we could find easier access to a site.
I didn't know him that long, but it was worth it to me.
Evy, I'm so sorry for your loss. words just don't cover it. Please know that I'm thinking of you and I'll pray for you
and the entire Stone family.

Sniffer

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I dont know what to say. But Ill miss that bearded smile, and the Ill relish the few times we laughed together. Sad day for the rowdy bunch.
Love sent to evy and family.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evy,

Even though we already spoke twice today, my heart and prayers are with you & Jeff's family. It indeed is a sad day @ TNet, losing one of the Rowdy Bunch and a true friend. We will always cherish the fun times we all had at the hunts.

Luv Ya!! :-*

Judie

sympathy7 (3).jpg

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, Evy, I'm so sorry to hear about Jeff. I hope God grants you peace through this time of sadness and please know that you are in my prayers. And I also pray God gives you a glimpse of Jeff in Heaven with Jesus walking the streets of gold where the true treasures are.
God Bless and Keep You,

Carmon

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
sandcreek4 said:
Oh, Evy, I'm so sorry to hear about Jeff. I hope God grants you peace through this time of sadness and please know that you are in my prayers. And I also pray God gives you a glimpse of Jeff in Heaven with Jesus walking the streets of gold where the true treasures are.
God Bless and Keep You,

Carmon

That detecors gonna be on overload for sure.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evy,

I still sit here and don't know what to say. I have tears running down my face because of how caring you always have been. I don't want to see you hurting! Jeff's in a better place but damn him, he should have waited longer. You know how much he always liked being first....well this sucks! May God grant you peace and hold you in His arms!

Love you,
Steve

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evy....I deeply regret that I never got to meet Stoney....I always though that I would make the next CTH and make up for lost time.... I know that Gypsy always spoke very highly of him....and now I am kicking myself for not making the time...Take care and hang in there...Steve

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Evy,

I don't know what to say. We will keep you and your family in our hearts and prayers. If there is any thing that we can do, please let us know. Sadness is all that I can feel at this point. Jesus will get you through this.

Tom and Ragenna

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I searched until I found it... for you, Evy:

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

— John Gillespie Magee, Jr

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I am stunned! Evy, we are all with you in spirit. You and Jeff have always been genuine Tnet treasures. Our arms are around you Evy. Without a doubt it has been my honor to have met, and detected with both of you. Jeff was always quick with the wit but always in fun. Anytime anyone needed help, both of you were right there. Jeff was a genuine friend that will be missed greatly. Looking forward to seeing you Evy, in May. Take care and like the rest of the Rowdy Bunch Tnet family, if you need us, holler. See you soon.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm still pretty upset about this. I hadn't heard from MG for awhile so I sent her a PM and then she comes back telling me Jeff had died the night before. They've had a lot of things goin on and I tried to keep up with them grandkids and I thought maybe everything had straightened out for the family. From me and Maria 'nuestros corazones estan tristes.' And remember we're Oklahomans. We have put up with every kind of thing God, Mother Nature, and terrorists can throw at us, and we still manage to come out of it an keep movin on. Tell them grandkids we're all thinkin about them. Robert Ginn y Maria Candelaria Avina-Meza Ginn.

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
I'm saddened to hear the loss of a good man. I feel gratefull that I had gotten to meet him before his time came. Evy, my thoughts and prayers are now with you and the family.
Comes spring, i'll be sure to dig a few plugs for him! Johnny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart! And that does not even seem enough! I have shared this with Jeffs parents just so they could know how others felt about him ! Its hard on dads dial up but, .......

Any way Viewing is Mon. from 5 to 9 pm and services are Wed. at 2 both at Roberts and Son funeral home and burial in Blackwell cemetary

www.robertsandsonfh.com

I will be Caldwell for the hunt in May!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
You better be pretty lady! You are gonna have a whole string of hugs comin! :wink: We love ya!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even know where to start. Evy, God love you. :-\ I'm praying for you and the family, girl.

When I first joined Tnet, Stoney was one of the first to welcome me and tell me it was quite alright to post my shotgun shells and nails. :) Without him, and others here like him, I would have probably given up after a month or so. But he encouraged me, he made me laugh.
If anyone needed anything and it was in his power, he was always more than happy to help. He kept me in supply with that good 'ole Okie BBQ sauce. He knew how much I loved it and I never had to ask. Every Rowdy hunt together, I knew he'd remember.
One of the last times I spoke to him, he was in the airport in Georgia on his way to hunting CW relics. He was so excited to be going, and I was just as excited for him. He called after his hunt there with updates on what they had found. Never crossed my mind that that would be the last time I would have the opportunity to speak to him.
Sweet, sweet man. A great loss for us all, and it's difficult to accept, but He has a plan and everything will be OK.

Nana

sympathy gold prayers.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread