Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to thank all of your prayers on Peacock's post . My Dad passed away at 2:00 this morning . It was a sudden thing .He was 77 .

My Dad was born in 1932
He graduated from Maine Maritime Academy in the early 50's
He then joined the Merchant Marines
After that he joined the Navy for 30 years ( 10 years active/ 20 years Reserves)

He went on to work for Owens Corning Fiberglass in Ohio around 1966 . His job was travelling around the world to various Corning plants to shutdown and start the huge glass furnaces.
He could order a beer in about 20 different languages , When he retired in 1996 , they had to hire 3 guys to replace him !

He was full of amazing stories of his world travels . Just a few years ago , after a few steaks on the grill and a bottle of red , He began telling Peacock and I of his experiences in the early 60's in Greenland at Camp Century , a nuclear city built under the ice sheet , we were in awe !

http://googleads.sgdoubleclick.net/...d9.html&aclck=http://walkandpay.com/index.php

Him being away too much was why he and my mom got divorced when I was 4.

We always had a wonderful relationship despite the fact he was gone a lot . as a kid I spent my school vacations with him . As an adult , the same - He took his vacations in Maine , and we took ours in Ohio . We always talked weekly on the phone .

I don't want to be too long winded , but , writing this seems to help me cope with his loss . Gonna miss him .

Thank You ,
mojjax & peacock

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
I am so sorry for your loss.
Treasure you memories, and may God's comfort be with you.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Condolences mojjax. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Sorry for your loss Mojjax. Prayers from East Tennessee.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All our thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Mr. Mrs. Oroblanco

Attachments

• sympathy.jpg
    sympathy.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 484
  • sympathy.jpg
    sympathy.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 470

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Sorry to hear that Mojjax :(

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I am really sorry for your loss.
Your dad sounds like he was a real interesting man and I am glad you told us a little about him.
And you are right...talking and writing about him does help a person cope with the loss.
Our hearts are with you
Christy,Cheyenne and Mariah

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear this, Mojjax. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Forever cherish those special times spent with your dad.

Judie

sympathy_sunset_bird.gif

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Mojjax, thinking of ya.

Mainer

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I'm sorry to hear about your dad Mojjax. He sounded like a very interesting dad....an uncommon virtue today. You were quite fortunate to have him as your dad.

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Mojjax, so sorry for your fathers' passing. Since you had such a strong relationship, you can be comforted in knowing that he lives on in you; in your thoughts, actions, and the qualities that make you who you are.

Diggem'

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
i am sorry to hear this. he sounded like a very intelligent man. i am glad you were able to know him even though your parents were divorced. my he rest in peace. you and your family are in my prayers. goldie

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your father. It sounds like he was a great guy. May you find the strength to move forward with the confidence in knowing that his was a life well-lived. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread