In Memory of Lamar ~ TNet Charter Member

La Soie

Jan 3, 2008
He was loved - and hated - by so many on these forums, but he was always uniquely - LAMAR. He loved being a part of this community, and despite how he sometimes came across - he genuinely liked most of the people he argued with. If he didn't like you, he wouldn't have bothered.

Had it not been for him, I would have never made my way back to Christ - and for that I am so thankful. The only consolation I have, is that he told me I helped him more than he helped me. Considering he knew just how much he helped me - that consoles me a lot.

Before you ask - I don't know how he died - only that he has. I last spoke with him in the end of June of last year; he was working in another town in South America and was planning to head back home. I never heard from him again. I found out of his death through a google search, and finding his death record through a genealogical site. He died July 6, 2012.

I never had the pleasure to meet him in person, but I will always be his Padawan.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers; for surely he would have done the same for you.

Janet

Last edited by a moderator:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
angel_detector.jpg

lamar cm.png

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/527.html

charter.gif
bronze.gif

FireShot Screen Capture #025 - 'Its good to be a ShellBack, not so good to be a PolyWog!' - www_.gif

lamar.jpg

Sympathy2.gif

Last edited:

Smithbrown

May 22, 2006
I rarely come down to this section so have only just seen this unexpected news. May he rest in Peace.

Smithbrown

O

Old Silver

I've been off the forum for a long time, and am just now seeing this post.
It's no secret that I didn't get along with Lamar on religious issues, but I'm sad to hear of his passing.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I just saw this .. I did not know. Sad news for sure! RIP Lamar.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started T-net in 2012 , so I do believe that I recall the User Name Lamar, my his Soul Rest in Peace in Heaven .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread