Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My last uncle left us after battling Alzheimer's this past week. I am embarrassed it took a terrible disease like this to make me reflect on his kindness to me when I was a boy. He was the one to take me arrowhead hunting after farmers had plowed and disked their fields. I wish I could remember our conversations while we walked back and forth through the dirt. I still remember him taking me fishing and telling me to look over my shoulder at the little red fox sitting watching us on the banks of Lake Cumberland. I remember him loving to ginseng and morel ( dry land fish is what they are known as in the "hollers" of Ky ) hunt long before any tv show was ever thought of concerning these old pastimes. I remember my bloody hands when he asked me to help him skin a squirrel he had shot on a hunt he had. I remember the little gold coin he proudly showed me after buying it and would not sell to me no matter how much profit I offered him. These are just some of the things I remember about a man who loved the simple things in life and who shared many of them with a boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions