In Memory of Larson1951 (Steve) ~ TNet Moderator

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Steve and I first met on the forum here. During our first phone conversation, it was discovered I had dated a cousin of his for a few years decades ago. Since then he teased me about being a distant relative every time we talked. I wish I could have got to know him better.

Having an idea of what he has been going through, I am sure he is comfortable now. It's good that besides grief, there is a good degree of relief when the suffering ceases.

Joel

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear of his passing. He was a very kind person and I will miss him. rock

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear of Steves passing. He was a very kind person and really helped me with pieces from North Dakota. We talked on the phone several times and he was always in a great mood and very pleasant to talk with. He was a kindred soul and he will be sadly missed by many.

My condolences to his family and friends.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our deepest sympathies for the family and friends of Steve. He will be missed greatly. Bryant & Stormy

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally didn't know him... but my condolences to his family and friends. I can most certainly understand his family's grief at this time.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rest In Peace Steve. Sorry to hear that a member of the TNet family has passed. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends. Though I didn't know you personally it's obvious that you touched a lot of people and were well respected by those that knew you. I see all of the kind, fair, and respectful comments. People like Steve are few and far between and this world will miss you

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
too much loss of too many good folk, rest in peace.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could say what is in my heart right now. I only talked with Steve on the phone one time and now I regret having to cut the conversation shorter than I wanted it to be. Hopefully, one day I will be able to resume that talk and it can last an eternity then. Thank you Steve for the gifts you gave me. My sincerest condolences to his wife and son. Thank you for sharing him with all of us.

I printed the picture that Old Digger posted in Steve's other thread and will put it in the frame with the points he gave me.

Last edited:

daraiders

Nov 1, 2012
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve was a great man with a heart of gold. I will remember him every time I use the flipping stick he made for me.

I am lucky to have met Steve in person. It was always fun to stop in and visit him at work because I never had any idea what kind of treasures he would have laying around to show me, bone whistles, beads, flint knives...I never knew what to expect! Rest in peace my friend...we will all miss you greatly. My condolences go out to his family.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers Sent- RIP Steven

reddirt

Dec 22, 2008
I am saddened by the loss of Steve. What a generous/kind person. Without his posts and presence this site won't be the same.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am at a loss for words right now thoughts and prayers to family and friends . He was one of the most generous and kind of gentleman he will always be missed !!!!

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my friend you went and joined Kelly up with Great Earth Mother. This saddens me, death is always hard to take, but when the person who passes touched so many lives it makes it harder. You were a phone call away, the talks we shared will forever resonate in me. You said a lot when you were here my friend and every word I will miss. I'll never forget when you got the points I sent you and you told me they were right here next to your desk and how appreciative you were for them. Well my friend I will never forget you. You have showed me the way a couple of times and I will never forget that. You showed me when life kicks you in the nutz you keep on fighting!!! We both shared the same trade and traits in life from work to personal and you always had something positive to say. A good man is often remembered.......A great man which you are my friend will forever be revered!!!!! I will truly miss you and I am so terribly sorry I never got to visit you!!Until we meet again.....you and Kelly rest easy my friends!!!!! I will miss you..........................Chris

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our prayers for Steve and his family and friends, God bless.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just logged on and saw that Steve has left us....my prayers for his family will continue until they are once again reunited. And for Steve, the prayers are of "Thanks"...thanks for being a shinning Light & example for everyone he touched. I really didn't know Steve that well, like so many of you did. We only spoke once (at his request) and his gentle, sweet, caring personality couldn't help but shine through...and humble, what a gift to have! And speaking to him only once, well....that was enough to make me a Big fan of his.
So...:notworthy: Thank You Steve for walking this earth and helping uplift all you came in contact with....we LOVE you Always & Forever.:icon_thumleft:...and will meet again in the "Happy Hunting Ground" that lies beyond.....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Here is WISDOM: "It is MORE Blessed... to light ONE candle, than to curse the Darkness;" Steve was/is that CANDLE...

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really sad to realize he has past,sure if he had any anger it would soon pass as he lived like he was supposed too,belive no reason for fear also.behind every good man is a very good woman,so wishing her well also as well as family.Steve liked to hear you talk so he could tell if you was a good person or not.glad i got to talk to him and exchange gifts with him,very sad chapter in my history with T.N.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread