In Memory of Larson1951 (Steve) ~ TNet Moderator

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
Steve's friends and family are in my prayers.
He was such an inspiring, kind, generous, person...and so much more.
May he find the Great Spirit in peace...now he can jam again with his good friend Kelly ( T Witco).

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to hear of his passing, he will always be a friend of mine. We had a lot of long talks about the Lakota's and their belief and I know in my mind Steve had made his piece with his maker. He always talked a lot about this site and how much it meant to him and that he wished people would not fight over each others opinion's. He always told me we are only here for a little while, just chill out and enjoy it. My prayers go up for his family and friends to deal with their loss. Steve rest in peace my brother:angel5:you were one of a kind.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images

I will be working on Steve's Memorial page...condolences can be posted there.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Judie. I will wait for the memorial to comment. It will take a while to process this.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dedicated to my friend Steve, as you make your next journey....You will be greatly missed by all who knew you...

"The Happy Hunting Ground"
Don Griffith 1987

5a5942a279cfaf0982622df7c02f0a02.jpg

6a0d2cb999cb2a6e27c590a0b4175ad7.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Steve has "TRAVELED ON"... MANY "Kin" were waiting. BE BLESSED, there! Continue Prayers for those, left behind... pay attention to your dreams.

Last edited:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Memory of ~ Larson1951 (Steve) TNet Moderator

FireShot Screen Capture #135 - '[SOLVED] Could this be a scraper_' - www_treasurenet_com_forums_.gif

images.jpg

angel_detector.jpg

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/14411.html

IMG_0280.jpg game piece.jpg IMG_0140.jpg bone knife copper blade.jpg IMG_0666.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1313542170324&pnref=story

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1078009702214823&set=t.1583781566&type=3&theater#

332079_4606739378196_1252620041_o.jpg

Steve Bauman

March 28, 1951 - March 15, 2015

Thumbnail.jpg

Steve Bauman, 64, Bismarck, North Dakota, passed away Sunday, March 15, 2015, at Sanford Health, Bismarck. Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 AM Thursday, March, 19, 2015, at Faith Lutheran Church, Bismarck with Rev. Wes Aardahl officiating. Visitation is scheduled for 4-8:00 PM, Wednesday, March 18th with a Traditional Lakota Ceremony beginning at 4:00 PM, at DaWise-Perry Funeral Services, Mandan. Visitation continues one hour prior to the service at the church. Burial will be in Glencoe Cemetery.

Steve was born February 28, 1951, in Mobridge, SD to Clarence and Marilyn Bauman who farmed near Java, SD. When Steven was four years old, the family moved to Bismarck, where Steve attended elementary, middle, high school and junior college. Steve then went to work for two local small engine and motorcycle shops as a mechanic and later owned a small motorcycle repair business. In his late teens, Steve became involved in motorcycle racing and was especially proud of his Yamaha 250 CC motorcycle that he equipped for racing. His crowning glory came during a ND State Fair where he raced in an event against professional racers from California and earned 5th place. In his early twenties Steven worked for Ted Hinkel Roofing Company and then started Bismarck Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. which he owned for nearly 40 years. Steven was known for many artistic applications that were demanded in his business. He was proud to have developed a lasting reputation in the community. Steve will be missed by many, including his friends in the construction business. Steve also cherished John Deere tractors, fishing, artifact hunting, gardening, and playing guitars.

Steve is survived by Caroline (Hurkes), Bismarck; father Clarence Bauman, Bismarck; two daughters, Sara (Greg) Ellstrom, Hudson, Wisconsin, and Amber Hamel, Bismarck; one son Travis (Tonya) Stramer, Mandan; one sister Amy (Jay) Robinson, Bismarck; two brothers, Clyde (Janet) and Bill (Lisa) Bauman, Bismarck; and nine grandchildren, Chase, Douglas, Katelyn, Hunter, Jobe, Eden, Cassie, Nathan, and Kytalin.

Steve was preceded in death by his mother Marilyn Bauman. In lieu of flowers, Steve’s family is requesting donations to South Central Humane Society or Heaven’s Helpers.

Sympathy2.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
Steve and I became good friend's we enjoyed many conversations on the net and by phone. Steve was a very kind hearted generous man. He shared the Native American Culture of North Dakota with all of us through his post and the artifact's. I didn't know that much about the Native American Culture of the Dakotas until I met him. I am going to miss him very much. Rest in Peace Steve.

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
Hugs and prayers for Steve's family in this rough time. He was a great guy and always made sure to check in on me if I hadn't been heard from in a while. We had a few nice long talks on the phone and plenty of talks online. A very knowledgable and caring man. He will always be remembered in our home as I put together a new frame of gifts Steve has sent me. I'm sure he's walking the fields and strumming a guitar. Love ya Steve!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scan 1.jpeg
First of all my condolences to Steve's wife Caroline and his son Travis.I cannot begin to imagine your loss. Steve had a way of sharing his heart and kindness and he touched many of us here. He shared so much knowledge and patience in every post.If that was not enough you could expect a package on your doorstep. He was awarded 11 "Banners" by members and 1 "Honorable Mention" for his generosity and kindness. Though I never met Steve in person we became close friends and spoke 4 or 5 times a week. If I missed his call I could count on Steve to fill up my voice mail and it is with great sadness that I now empty that out. I shall miss it.

When Steve became a "Mod" he did not want to do it at first. Treasurenet had asked him because of his kindness,fairness and his "respect". It was undeniable and he took the position and held it up with great,great honor.He loved the forum and its members.It was shown many times by his kindness and at times by his firmness to keep things on track. As he would often say he was " ferocious " in trying to help people. The three words I heard him say to me more than anything were respect,love and rocks! That is how he was and how our conversations rolled.

I am not worried because I know Steve is Ok now. If there ever was a Happy Hunting Ground this man is there with his close friend and member he lost last year Kelly.
We joked around often and I sent his this to him and he used it as his signature. I was honored and wish I had been more clever or maybe more gifted..
Native Pride -}}}}}------------------------>God Bless you Kelly -}}}}}----------------------> -}}}}}--------------------->
May your steps be gentle and your eyes be sharp your flipping stick true and the finds will mark another season among your friends Preserving Mandan storys from the wind (TnMountains-author)

Here is a video of his friend Kelly playing the bird flutes and some of Steve's flutes that they found in their village site.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...7762-mandan-bird-bone-whistles-hear-here.html

God Bless ya buddy!
Happy Hunting!
Richard

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
IMHO He was one of the best guys on this forum. I know of no other person on here who would give away some incredible finds to people. A very helpful nice man too. I'm sad that he had to go so soon:sadsmiley:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My condolences to Steve's family and friends.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Steve for sharing the recovered past and bringing it to us in a more real form than we could ourselves see from farther geographic locations.
You'l be remembered in flute notes and the pop pop pop when a Johnny fires up. In turned fields and glimpses of fragments from the past weathering out.
Travel well, and highly esteemed as you are here.
Peace of knowing to your family and friends is wished;that you'll be together with those loved again. Those here still; and those beyond here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread