Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Americus Jay Cliett passed away January 21, 2017. Americus was gracious and kind in sharing his artifacts from South Georgia. He was a fantastic hunter and kind person. His posts were always full of beautiful colored S.Georgia native American artifacts. He will be missed but we were blessed to have him share his journeys and a small portion of his very large life.
Thank you Americus for taking us along with you and may you rest in peace, you will be missed!

Here are some of Jays finds.
DSC01715.jpg

DSC01713.jpg DSC01591.jpg

Banner Post

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/north-american-indian-artifacts/502441-found-another-hernando-today.html#post4976021

ALBANY — Jay Cliett, Professor Emeritus, age 72, of Americus, died at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017. Raised in Metter, he was born Nov. 8, 1944, the son of the late O. J. and Marian Cliett.
Dr. Cliett was a member of First United Methodist Church of Americus. He was also a member of the Kiwanis Club, the Hurricane Club and the Panther Club. He taught for 47 years at Georgia Southwestern College and Georgia Southwestern State University as professor of Mathematics. Dr. Cliett served on the Georgia Southwestern State University’s Foundation Board. He directed the Boy Scout Merit Badge Camp for 30 years, directed the Regional PAGE Academic Bowl, and founded the state-wide PAGE Academic Bowl for middle school students. He was a volunteer at Community Services Ministries, Harvest of Hope Food Pantry, and the homeless dhelter. He loved watching all sports, especially his beloved Georgia Bulldogs.

187836_20170123.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

972094_374709719297032_330015153_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gotta love a person who shares their joy

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never knew him in person, but i know his posts very well.... He was a great poster and impressed me every time. I chatted a little bit back and forth with him and i am saddened by this news...:award_star_gold_1: that star is for you Americus...

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Alas, we lose a member, a person and one that shared his discoveries. We will miss you RIP. My condolences to the family.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Americus was had a true southern charm and he will be missed greatly. Rest on brother. !!!!!!!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it when there's so much I'd like to say, I can't find the right words but I will try. Americus, miss him so much, miss his posts he shared some the most beautiful artifacts I have ever seen. He once told me he has never found any pottery and we wondered about it due to the large amount of points he found. It was always so exciting to me to see he had a new post about finding some new ones and all so beautiful. I saw in another post that he had found 5000 and I can't even fathom that many being found, so incredible and he was an incredible person, so kind and never a negative word on here that I can remember. One of those angels on earth we hear about and hope to meet someday, yes I think he was. :heart::angel2: It has been a great honor to be part of Americus' online artifact collecting family, I will never forget him and will always miss him. RIP Jay, it has been a pleasure sir.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rest in Peace friend you are missed.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always enjoyed looking at the artifacts he found. Never met him but could tell he was a fine man. R.I.P

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So sorry to read of his passing....
Rest In Peace

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hope he did not get mad at me for asking him if he had small hands.As all the points he found looked so big to me.I did not know him,I think maybe he did not like me,But i liked him.He was what a man should be.R.I.P Sir,Than you for sharing your finds with me.

GarbageCollector

Feb 23, 2016
Southwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I didn't know Dr. Cliett was Americus! He TRIED to teach me college algebra at Georgia Southwestern University back in the 90's, unsuccessfully I'm afraid. He was a super nice guy, and pretty funny, always telling us to save a particular equation for our "math toolbox". I wish I had known of his hobby back when I was in college. Rest in Peace, Dr. Cliett. We'll sure miss seeing those great artifacts.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to hear another GA Gentleman has passed , just the pictures of his finds pictured here is amazing to me having found only 2 nice point's/ Blades .

Sounds as if he was a big + to have in any community.
R.I.P. 'Americus .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread