Sympathy2.gif

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to miss you Dennis, I appreciated your patience when I asked you so many questions, and I enjoyed our talks via pm, I only wish we had been able to have met in person.

Rest in peace my friend, maybe one day we will met.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman:
You are missed.

Thanks for sharing your detecting with us. It mattered!

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
God Bless and Rest In Peace. It was a pleasure conversing with you over the years.
Your wisdom has been an inspiration to us all over the ages

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rest in peace, and thank you for all your advice and wisdom. :occasion14::skullflag::notworthy:

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
It saddens me to hear of Dennis's (AKA Sandman's) passing.I have known him for over 23 years. When I got my first computer back in 1995, I accidentally came across the Treasurenet website. I was fascinated on what people were finding with metal detectors and I started asking a lot of questions and the first person to respond to my questions was Sandman. He was a bundle of knowledge. He was the person who got me hooked in metal detecting. I ran out and got my first detector, a Garrett Freedom Ace. At first I found a lot of junk and Sandman kept telling me to listen to the tones, Learn your machine inside and out, dig everything until you start training your ears what is a good tone and what is not. By the end of my first year, I found enough change to pay for my detector, which was over $200.00 at that time. As I kept reading post, one of the things I wanted to find was a ring and I told Sandman that. He said, "If your not finding nickles, your not finding rings". I still stay true to his words to this very day and have told many new to our hobby that same quote. The best thing I remember about Sandman was into my third year of detecting, I had found a couple rings from last year, but this year started out with a bang. I already had 10 rings to my credit and Sandman had only 6 I believe. As the days in summer moved on, I was getting more and more rings and all of a sudden, Sandman was tied with me. We were into the thirty ring category. Then all of a sudden he blew me away in ring count. By the end of the year my ring count for one year was 53 rings and Sandman.....Well that guy had over 200 rings to his credit that year and he had proof too. He was a water detectorist and very very good at it as you could tell. I always wanted to get together with him to detect since we both lived in Michigan but that never happened. With family life (2 kids active in almost everything) and work, it never happened. I had to step away for a couple years from detecting because of my health. I was severely over weight (410 lbs) and my blood pressure was out of control, so I had gastric bypass surgery and lost over 160lbs. Now I am back detecting and enjoying it even better than before all thanks to a guy that answered my post about detecting. I will miss seeing his post out here, but he will live on. Remember, "If your not finding nickles, your not finding rings". R.I.P. Sandman.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall many of his Post's & Finds .

They made me wanna be a water hunter , I still wanna be a water hunter.
R.I.P.
Sandman.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread