aec128d7-4191-4f5d-855f-caf73108f7db.png

Last edited:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just heard yesterday. I am so sad. He was such a good man and my friend. So long Boyce.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I can't believe the news...you were a great guy, and friend...I will miss hunting with you Boyce....Mary, let me know if you need anything...Love you guys!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Enjoy the treasure that our Lord has for you. We will keep you close in our hearts and are very thankful of the blessing of hunting together. I remember you finding that silver and copper casket handle and us wondering where it came from.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was such a sweet man. My wife & I were glad to have met him! I'll miss seeing his posts...

Bran <><

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Did he find that at 5 oaks ranch?

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very fine tribute. Prayers and condolences to the family. God Bless.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where too begin... Boyce you truly going to be missed , Florida Hunts won't be the same without you, wish you could of made the last one you would of loved it!! Now your truly walking in the fields of heaven , We will meet again one day my friend.... I am truly honored to have been hunting besides you, you did great things for the detecting community as well as your local community..... Heaven has gained an Angel for sure.... Gregg

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
life is short. The best die young.

Young River

Nov 23, 2008
Hewitt, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thank you all so much for the kinds words about my father. He enjoyed detecting and I loved to go with him when I could. He had so much fun meeting and making friends with fellow hobbyists. He made many lifelong friends along the way. He was truly a special man, a gem. There will never be another one like him. We will and do miss him immensely, but take comfort in knowing that he is whole again and in the arms of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
As a good friend of his put it, "He is now detecting the streets of gold."

Thank you all -
Young River

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Thank you all so much for the kinds words about my father. He enjoyed detecting and I loved to go with him when I could. He had so much fun meeting and making friends with fellow hobbyists. He made many lifelong friends along the way. He was truly a special man, a gem. There will never be another one like him. We will and do miss him immensely, but take comfort in knowing that he is whole again and in the arms of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
As a good friend of his put it, "He is now detecting the streets of gold."

Thank you all -
Young River

If I could list 3 things other than his faith I would tell you your daddy was a man of integrity, honor and service. We were honored to know him, break bread with him, and dig dirt with him. Hugs to you and prayers. He has not died and forever will be in our hearts as he enjoys the glory of God's promise

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Have not been on this site in forever, Came to pay respects to a Very Good friend, I will miss Boyce dearly. we had some good hunts, shared some good times, and stories..

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
untitled-scanned-01 (5).jpg
Five Oaks Ranch

As moderator of TNet, I do the member's memorials. I've done so many over the years but, when the member is a personal friend of mine it makes it very hard to comply all the info/pictures/etc. When I did "Mental Granny" Evy's memorial, I cried each time I posted a photo. With "Old River" I was still in a state of shock. Boyce was a very dear friend of mine and my husband, all those trips to Houston to M D Anderson, each trip going in or leaving once we got to the Old River-Winfree exit, my husband would call Boyce & say "heading in" when leaving it was "heading out". We got to visit with Boyce & Mary during this time, not ever knowing it would be the last time to see Boyce. We will forever cherish those days at the hunts, sitting around eating boiled peanuts, Mardi Gras king cakes or just chit-chatting. Not very many forums have 4 members of the family as members of TNet. Boyce as "Old River", wife, Mary as "Lost River", daughter, Kim as "Young River" and brother, Tommy as "Hightree" The last picture above with Boyce & Mary was during their visit to Louisiana. We both are going to miss our buddy tremendously.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never knew 'Old River' but he sounds like 'my kinda folk' love his relic pictures & that Oak is HUGE.

God Bless his friends & family .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread