Bob Trevillian

jgtrev

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2008
Hi,

My name is Jeff Trevillian, I happened to catch someone ask on one of the posts "What ever happened to Bob and Frank?" Meaning Bob Trevillian and Frank Carter. I'm not really sure how Frank is doing, but my father, Bob Trevillian, died about 10 years ago. My father wrote the following books "Treasure in the Cheasapeake", "Poor Man's Treasure Hunter", "In Search of the Civil War". I think he might have written a "Treasure in the Cheasapeake 2", but not sure about that one, he wrote all of those before I was 12 years old, so I don't remember them too well. I was kind of shocked to see that people still remembered him, and it was a nice surprise. Thanks for remembering.

Jeff Trevillian

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry to hear that also i have a lot of his videos i could not find them all but the ones i have.... I have been watching them over & over for the last 17 years.....I just watched the videos...The Coin Hunters..&...Diamonds in the Surf ..last week again....and i have the book ..Diamonds in the Surf.also........He did not look that old in 1989 & i990 when he made those videos......He was a Inspiration to myself and others in the detecting field...........Jim

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Sure glad to see you decided to post here and hope you stick around. Nice to see something posted in memory of your dad as well!

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Jeff,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I remember him...I have his video the "Coin Hunters".
Take care my friend.

Tom

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I am glad you posted here...please feel free to add anything about your dad that you want...he had some great books and is fondly remembered by the Tnet Forum....

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff I sure would like to get a few of his vidoes. Do you have Diamonds in the surf you could sell ?
an if you you do what others do you have you could sell ?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a extra diamond in the surf i will send you..I do not think you will hear from Jeff his last post on here was in 2008

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff. I am the one who originally asked that question. When I was stationed in Sicily with the Air Force back in 1988 I read, "The Poor Man's Treasure Hunter". I still have the book. A buddy and I would detect alot together in Sicily and we would refer to eachother as Bob and Frank for fun and encouragement. Even now when I detect, Bob and Frank come to mind. It was their confidence, skill and boldness that stick out. The challenge at the end of the book, to live off of what they find for 2 weeks as a bet to anyone who dared make one with them, is what really sticks out. To eat good, live in a nice hotel, etc. off of solely what they find...that was cool. I just received a water detector, the BHID 300, and Bob and Frank were in my mind as I purchased it. Maybe I could get so good as to suppliment my retirement with some gold at the beach? After my first trip to the beach here in NC, my wife thinks I am crazy :). No gold yet. But in my mind, I just need time. The beach is over an hour away. Honey, just give me 3 days a month at the beach, alone, and I am sure I can do it! She is not a believer yet....but it is still my hope and challenge, with Bob and Frank's challenge still clear in my mind. God Bless, Bryan in Goldsboro, NC

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
They got many started and still a great inspiration..

agentvandyke

Oct 25, 2016
pasadena
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 505
whites prizm 4
mpx digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your dad used my dads boat a few times I have all his books an still do at my dads some where I grew up with Billy your dad was the best im 40 now but I got in to metal detecting because of him my family is still friends of the family I found this looking your dad up im out almost every day playing with my metal detectors at schools around me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions