Seeking partner ( MENTOR) in North East Georgia or South East Alabama

leorob007

Greenie
Aug 2, 2005
Pulaski, TN.
Detector(s) used
Milelab Explorer XS
Garrett Infinium LS
I am interested in metal detecting for gold nuggets in North East Georgia or South East Alabama.

I live in Harvest, AL. close to Huntsville.

I have been considering buying the Minelab ? Eureka Gold ? but would welcome any input as to what is best for that area if any at all.

I am retired army and would like to start doing detecting, panning, and other forms of gold recovery about once a month for like five days at a time. I am getting kind of bored just detecting around here.

From some of the research I have done the weekend gold miners say that the gold nuggets are small and to deep, however, one website says good nuggets have been found in whites county and the same goes for Alabama also. Either way I would be grateful for any help, advice, and recommendations you give.

Leonard Roberts
Harvest, AL. 35749

[email protected]

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leorob007

Greenie
Aug 2, 2005
Pulaski, TN.
Detector(s) used
Milelab Explorer XS
Garrett Infinium LS
Thanks for the information and link on Georgia lunkers.

I just bought the Garrett Infinium LS and this will help the next time I go up to the weekend gold miners with a buddy here from Huntsville Alabama. I have also heard a good place to look in on the Turner Property.

Thanks,

Leonard

OP
OP
L

leorob007

Greenie
Aug 2, 2005
Pulaski, TN.
Detector(s) used
Milelab Explorer XS
Garrett Infinium LS
Thanks for even more information on how and where to find nuggets. If you would ever like to give me a lesson or two on using the Garrett Infinium I would be greatly appreciative as I have just started learning with mine. I was at in a creek in the Talladega national forest yesterday and a rock almost a big as a softball made the detector go crazy. I looks like a meteorite has kind of a rusty color with a few black looking bumps here and there. Any idea what it might be?

I live in Harvest Alabama but would make it a point to come up your way for classes or if you need a detecting buddy. Please let me know if you get that nugget map for N.Ga finished or publish it somewhere.

Good friends are hard to find,

Leonard Roberts

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
leorob007 said:
a rock almost a big as a softball made the detector go crazy. I looks like a meteorite has kind of a rusty color with a few black looking bumps here and there
Leonard Roberts

I wouldn't know a meteorite unless it hit me in the head, but if you have one this size, it's probably worth a few $$$ (If it's a perfect sphere it's probably a cannon ball ;D)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread