any tips for nugget hunting in arizona?

diggindeep

Oct 4, 2006
hello, i am going on a vacation in sedona arizona with family. i have been metal detecting im michigan for about 4 years now and was wondering if there is any good hunting to be had?..would i be wasting my time seeing as i have no nugget hunting experience? is there anyone out in that area that would be willing to take me out and show me the ropes? i would be willing to pay for someone with experience. anyone that could help me id love to try nugget hunting and yes i know chances are that i wont get rich that is not my intention. ;D thanks for any advise in advance

Upvote 0

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Diggindeep, doesn't seem to be much response here.

Might try Nuggetshooter or Nuggethunting Forums. Both are based in central AZ and alot of good people visit the sites regularly. There are a few who charge, but several who'd like the company and helping someone else have a nice vacation (gold or not). When I'm in AZ, I've been partial to the Rich Hill area, around Stanton. Are you a GPAA member? There's usually a large group of the elite LMDA? camped at Stanton who I'm sure would take you under their wing and point you in the right direction. GPAA gets your foot in the door in several areas. If in the Rich Hill area, also consider a Weaver Mining District claims membership. Only $25 a year and they have some nice claims.

Hope this helps a bit.

Shep

P.S. What detector are you planning on using?

OP
OP
D

diggindeep

Oct 4, 2006
shepcal said:
Diggindeep, doesn't seem to be much response here.

Might try Nuggetshooter or Nuggethunting Forums. Both are based in central AZ and alot of good people visit the sites regularly. There are a few who charge, but several who'd like the company and helping someone else have a nice vacation (gold or not). When I'm in AZ, I've been partial to the Rich Hill area, around Stanton. Are you a GPAA member? There's usually a large group of the elite LMDA? camped at Stanton who I'm sure would take you under their wing and point you in the right direction. GPAA gets your foot in the door in several areas. If in the Rich Hill area, also consider a Weaver Mining District claims membership. Only $25 a year and they have some nice claims.

Hope this helps a bit.

Shep

P.S. What detector are you planning on using?
hey thanks for the info!!!! i will definitely try another forum. i have an xlt and a minelab excalibur, neither is a good machine for the job but the detector shop i frequent would rent me a more suitable one. what do you recommend?

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Join a club for sure. The most popular VLF nugget detectors are Whites GMT, the MXT, Fisher Gold Bug 2, and the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. The GMT and the Gold Bug 2 find the smallest gold If you can afford it, the Minelab pulse induction detectors are the best for deep nuggets in the desert. The above mentioned VLF's are the best for shallow, small nuggets. Pulse induction units tend to miss the small stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread