AU in situ

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
AU in situ

Hi all , this is my first post here on the Nugget Hunting Forum . I’m usually hang’n around the American Indian Artifact Forum . One of my favorite things on that forum are the “in situ” pic’s , where people take a pic of there points [ arrow-heads , etc ] before they pick them up . Now I’ve seen some fine gold here on this forum , but I don’t believe I’ve ever seen any “AU in situ” pic’s ....? Well, here’s mine from last week .

JPEGsmnugnov.jpg

Untouched by the hand of man...., true virgin gold??

JPEGnug.82gr.jpg

This .82 gr. Nugget was found on the surface ..., I picked up this yeller rock , not thinking :tongue3: .....anyway I had to put this one back down for its in situ pic .

JPEGjjnuggsnov.jpg

From 3 ½ days of nugget shooting in S. Calf. , mine are on the left and the dot on the dime , the 6 on the right are my buddy’s that came out from Va. , he uses a Eureka Minelab usually in 20 Hz / fine . I use a G.M. V-sat , gain 4-5 , sat [low] 25 -50%

So... there you go ,hope you enjoyed the “AU in Situ”.., and if you all have any , please throw them up here , I like to see them
Sincerely , Blindpig

Upvote 0

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Re: AU in situ

2 perch spawning on my dredge pile INSITU LOL

Attachments

• perch mating mariposa creek.jpg
    perch mating mariposa creek.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 518

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good ole thread kuger good to re-read it !

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know huh Strick,I wish to gawd I would have taken some this last season(in Oregon)but I was in such a furry butt hurry to get as much of the two streaks I was on sucked up I didnt fuss with it

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have not done done the in situ pics , should have .i never wanted to take the time to stop,dry off ,go to the truck ,get camera etc...... but they are worth it when finished.nothing like seeing one just sitting in a crack , wondering how many buddies are nearby.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice to see this back. Some fantastic pictures on this thread.

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have not done done the in situ pics , should have .i never wanted to take the time to stop,dry off ,go to the truck ,get camera etc...... but they are worth it when finished.nothing like seeing one just sitting in a crack , wondering how many buddies are nearby.

Good to see you posting over here again. Welcome back.

All the best,

Lanny

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice ol' thread, thanks for bumping it out of the old pages.
I like you pics too, who wouldnt?! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread