AU in situ

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
AU in situ

Hi all , this is my first post here on the Nugget Hunting Forum . Iā€™m usually hangā€™n around the American Indian Artifact Forum . One of my favorite things on that forum are the ā€œin situā€ picā€™s , where people take a pic of there points [ arrow-heads , etc ] before they pick them up . Now Iā€™ve seen some fine gold here on this forum , but I donā€™t believe Iā€™ve ever seen any ā€œAU in situā€ picā€™s ....? Well, hereā€™s mine from last week .

JPEGsmnugnov.jpg

Untouched by the hand of man...., true virgin gold??

JPEGnug.82gr.jpg

This .82 gr. Nugget was found on the surface ..., I picked up this yeller rock , not thinking :tongue3: .....anyway I had to put this one back down for its in situ pic .

JPEGjjnuggsnov.jpg

From 3 Ā½ days of nugget shooting in S. Calf. , mine are on the left and the dot on the dime , the 6 on the right are my buddyā€™s that came out from Va. , he uses a Eureka Minelab usually in 20 Hz / fine . I use a G.M. V-sat , gain 4-5 , sat [low] 25 -50%

So... there you go ,hope you enjoyed the ā€œAU in Situā€.., and if you all have any , please throw them up here , I like to see them
Sincerely , Blindpig

Upvote 0

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: AU in situ

What a site you have my eyes light up when I see Heavy Metal :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?

Takoda, good point I never thought about specimen type gold as ā€œin situā€ , true that gold is rock solid in place .

JPEGnovauinscoop.jpg

Gold in the scoop is worth a hill side full of trash and hot-rocks , gold just laying there ... priceless....
Now you must believe me when I say , Iā€™ve only found a few nuggets on the surface . But what I do is , after a signal and I donā€™t SEE any hot-rocks , I drop on all 4's [reading glasses ,last year or so ] and look for those pesky little No. 8 shot / spent lead , many times spent shot is found on the surface . If Iā€™m a true believer in the signal [bit wider , softer] I will pull a few stones out and blow the light sand away . .. And sometimes , you will see ā€˜em just a laying there .
Bumpstick , man if think this ā€œheavy metal ā€œ is cool , you need to see some picā€™s of some nuggā€™s laying on the bottom of a stream / river . I think ,I remember? , on this forum seeing some picā€™s /you-tube ? Of this nature , hmmmm those mother -lode boys, cooter , kuger , flysekau or even kid saxon ??

JPEGnovautrap.jpg

Seen several of these ā€œgold -traps ā€œ in the area , I believe they where ā€œsetā€ many years ago [1900 +/- ] not much depression diggā€™n going on around here . Anyway looks as if the gold got the bait without tripping the trap , that gold... very elusive .

Lets post some more ā€œAU in situā€ thanks again , Blindpig

paseclipse

Jul 10, 2005
Pasadena, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX4000, Minelab SD2100, White's GMT, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I also hunt meteorites and do the same type of in-situ pics. Though I like to use a scale cube to show orientation and size. I haven't tried in-situ pics with gold yet though, might give it a try if it's just sitting on the surface like what I see in your pics.

I have to say those are pretty cool pics man! Congrats on your finds.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pics,I like them!!I posted alot of "insitu",gold underwater dredging last season here a couple,and a couple quartz shots

Attachments

• quartz2.jpg
    quartz2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,011
  • quartz1.jpg
    quartz1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,009
  • uw4.jpg
    uw4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,007
  • uw3.jpg
    uw3.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,033
  • uw2.jpg
    uw2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,017
  • uw1.jpg
    uw1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,033

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice under water shots. I like the idea of capturing specimens in there natural enviroment . I will start doing it to.
I usually forget my camera at home when I make that super find.
Dropped my phone in the drink this summer so I usually leave my camera in the truck now.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

blindpig said:
Takoda, good point I never thought about specimen type gold as ā€œin situā€ , true that gold is rock solid in place .

Gold in the scoop is worth a hill side full of trash and hot-rocks , gold just laying there ... priceless....
Now you must believe me when I say , Iā€™ve only found a few nuggets on the surface . But what I do is , after a signal and I donā€™t SEE any hot-rocks , I drop on all 4's [reading glasses ,last year or so ] and look for those pesky little No. 8 shoot / spent lead , many times spent shoot is found on the surface . If Iā€™m a true believer in the signal [bit wider , softer] I will pull a few stones out and blow the light sand away . .. And sometimes , you will see ā€˜em just a laying there .
Bumpstick , man if think this ā€œheavy metal ā€œ is cool , you need to see some picā€™s of some nuggā€™s laying on the bottom of a stream / river . I think ,I remember? , on this forum seeing some picā€™s /you-tube ? Of this nature , hmmmm those mother -lode boys, cooter , kuger , flysekau or even kid saxon ??

Seen several of these ā€œgold -traps ā€œ in the area , I believe they where ā€œsetā€ many years ago [1900 +/- ] not much depression diggā€™n going on around here . Anyway looks as if the gold got the bait without tripping the trap , that gold... very elusive .

Lets post some more ā€œAU in situā€ thanks again , Blindpig
Pig,post some more pics of those traps!!!!!Thats cool,I have never seen one or noticed if I did!!!That pic you posted is awesome....obviously man made!!!!!

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?

Those are the one's !! Great Pic's Kuger !! Those 2 -ton mouse -traps , seen 5-6 in that area , those old timers were relentless when a chasn' that gold ! The kids want to go there T-day weekend , so I'll get some more pic's , gone for a few day"s now
Blindpig

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I did? I found it under a small tailings pile :icon_scratch:.

Cooter

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;DTwo ton mouse trap!!!I love it!!Yea they look like the deadfalls we built at survival school!!!

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The first nugget I found with a metal detector was sitting right on top of the ground! I didnt take a pic but I shared that patch with several others who found thier first nuggets there, Flyspec and Norcal6er......I wish I had photos now. Those were some fun times with friends, here is a pic of the patch..Its under the high water level of a local lake in an old hydraulic working. Biggest nugget was 3.7 Dwt. smallest was about a grain..we found a lot in the grain to 10 grain class, it was so much fun. I once found 7 small nuggets in a row, recovered in less than 5 min. When I found this patch I had no Idea how to use my GMT but by the time it was clean I was a pro...

Cooter

Attachments

• Pic022.JPG
    Pic022.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 963

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT

cooter9761 said:
I did? I found it under a small tailings pile :icon_scratch:.

Cooter

OH I thought that opne was under the big chunk at your secret spot? thats how I may be confused with some other piece you've found SO MANY :tard:punk

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT

I remember the time I tried to run my high banker down in that creek and got up to my knees in Nasty stinky gross mud but there was gold in that muck. Time to hit that spot again bring some rakes and turn some ground over.

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT

I have a whole video made up of the area coot lemme get it uploaded to a site and will post it if you want , its an awesome site to see

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where was that? The only thing that stinks is your famed, Green Wind!

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Cooter, just to the right of that area, is where I found the sitting liberty quarter! Go figure! A whites finds gold, a minelab finds coins!
Cheers, Shep

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT

HEH HEH that's why you pay the BIG BUCKS for the minelabs that area is HOT lots iron rocks

Thats kewl though Shep guy dropped that a longgggg time ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread