OP
OP
B

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
Thanks for the reply. How is the Garrett on hot rocks?

Willy

It's pretty quiet. There are some that will sound still off, but nowhere near as many as with a VLF detector. The hotrocks that I've had an Infinium sound off on also raised hell with a high dollar Minelab PI. It's also waterproof down to 200', so hunting streams is dead easy. ..Willy.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
barber said:
Thanks for the reply. How is the Garrett on hot rocks?
Garrett Scorpion is great for nugget shooting. Zero out the ground balance and then turn up to slightly on the plus side. then nugget shoot the river beds especially the inside bend and you will do great.

paseclipse

Jul 10, 2005
Pasadena, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX4000, Minelab SD2100, White's GMT, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd get a Minelab SD2100, you can get them for ~$1,200 while supplies last. They're designed to handle the heavily mineralised grounds of the Australian gold fields and have proven themselves time and time again for many years now. The only downside is that they're not the best detectors to take into a river and aren't waterproof.

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
barber said:
Is there a good nugget hunting detector for not over about $1500 that won't go nuts on hot rocks? I have an XTerra 70 I tried on my brothers claim in No. CA, but it drove me nuts on hot rocks. It seemed there was one every couple of inches.

See the post (A few nuggets)

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barber: I use my TDI in an area in Northern Arizona that is loaded with hot rocks . The TDI works great, I forget the hot rocks are even there with the settings I use.
Extractor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread