of a man who was sent to prison for doing what you mention. Do not
carry a detector onto tribal land without written permission of tribal
chiefs. The least they would do is get your equipment. lastleg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been there, but haven't detected there. I don't think the whole area is Reservation. Here is a Reservation Map of Southern Az.

Best-Mike

Attachments

• reservationmap.jpg
    reservationmap.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 986

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
You are absolutely right. Fort Huachuca is a military post, not a
reservation. Excuse, please. lastleg

OP
OP
C

calgoldmn

Jan 5, 2009
Thanks for the reply . I know I can be there GPAA has a claim there. But what I don't know is the detecting any good . Thanks again. :)

P

pippinwhitepaws

the military reservation at ft huachuca is on the northern end of the mountain range, the rest is coronado national forest.
there are several mineral bearing areas in those mountains, ash canyon is popular, and dangerously over dug. there have been nuggets taken out of ash canyon with MD's
there is a neat jesus statue on the way to ash canyon..about 6 stories of concrete blessing your way.
the road between serria vista and nogalas has several old mines along the way...do be careful, one wrong turn and you are in mexico without permits.

oh, if you get tired of gold, hummingbirds winter in those mountains...careful, they are extreme in the defense of their space...almost was knocked down the cliff by one....
beautiful time to go down there... :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• 01010005.JPG
    01010005.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 799

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
I have prospected all through the Coronado National Forest. It is SE of Tucson. I have never found anything there but have heard of others doing so. I saw a lot of people from back east there but did not see anyone get anything even with drywashers. If I were you, I would head NW of Phoenix for metal detecting or contact a Phoenix club and see if you can get permission to shoot on one of their claims.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread