Wanna Find GoldNuggets in NW Oregon

CelticJRWAu

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2008
Hi,
This my first posting, even though I have been a fourm member for quiet a while now. I have been a treasure hunter for about 25 years now. Mostly I have used White's products for coins and jewelry. I lived in Montana for a while. It was there that I tried my luck with a Goldbug I giving gold nuggets a try in the central part of the state. I found a LOT of garbage and got pretty disappointed with nugget hunting then. I guess I just didn't realize just how much patience and research this new form of detecting required. I think too that when you are used to detecting for coins, jewelry, relics, etc. you are used to more "action" paying off a lot more frequently!
Well, now I am about 10 years older. I think I may even be a little wiser. I bought an Xterra 70 recently (actually it was my Christmas present). I have 2 coils- one for coin/jewelry, and the other for gold. I know it's not an expensive P.I. machine. Hope to have one of those in the future. I know both P.I. and VLF machines have their use in the gold field too.
So, my question is: Does anyone have any suggestions where I can go close as possible to the Salem area to find gold nuggets?

Thank you for reading this, and may you all have happiness and success in the field! :)

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Well welcome to the posting portion of tnet I guess! lol Glad to have you here and hope to hear a lot more from you. I live on the other side of the mountains and am not familiar with the Salem area as far as any detecting spots. Have you looked in the Oregon forum in the "too many leads" thread? There might have been something posted in there. I have not had much reason to research that area since when I was going there it was never with a detector. I do hope you find LOTS of great stuff and surely you can find a gold bearing area without traveling too terribly far! I know there are others in that area you can detect with as well. Have fun!! Congrats on the awesome Christmas present! I got one for Christmas too! Mine was given to me early though! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
C

CelticJRWAu

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2008
Hi Cynangyl,
Many thanks for the welcoming! I WILL check the Oregon section (and others) right away. And Thanks for the leads! too. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

CelticJRWAu

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2008
Hi srferjo714,
Hey, I really like this site! A lot of really usable information! I'm going to keep and use it for a lot of purposes.

Thanks Again!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just make sure if you fine any nuggets you will post them so we can see them...Matt

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
CelticJRWAu said:
Hi srferjo714,
Hey, I really like this site! A lot of really usable information! I'm going to keep and use it for a lot of purposes.

Thanks Again!
Glad you can use this site. As for myself I use it everyday to find my next nugget. Sometimes the BLM get something right.

OP
OP
C

CelticJRWAu

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2008
Hi Matt,
I definitely WILL keep you (& All) posted with my first nugget! Thanks for your message too!

John

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
You need to go to the Oregon forum on here for a good answer. The folks in Oregon will be happy to help you......jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread