Check this out! Big gold haul in Australia

DsrtBpr

Jan 25, 2009
SAZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD/GPX, White's TDI, GMT
:blob8: Check this out. Apparently The boss,s mate got a GMT from him to work an area littered with rubbish as his GPX 4500 wouldn't stop howling because there was too much junk for it to handle.

He ended up scoring 30oz of the good stuff. :tongue3:

index.jpg

Attachments

• gmt.jpg
    gmt.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 1,949
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow!!!! :o

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks for the new background picture :icon_sunny: This is best post I have seen in weeks!!! This should go straight to the banner :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be suprised if Whites wants to use this in their advertising.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
Just about every part of OZ is considered gold field . I am on prospecting sites frequented by guys down there that stay out for weeks and find gold all day . They put the gold in Dolly Pots and make 1 oz. buttons and sell them to dealers . If a fella wanted out of the rat race that would be the place to go .

Matt (CA)

Jan 7, 2009
Wow!!!!!!! Amazing how GMT all metal program sifts thru the littered junk and rubbish so good to find this stuff and holy cow 30 oz of gorgeous gold pieces. And that GPX 4500 wouldn't stop howling. That's really somethin. should start minin that spot quick.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
I heard a little hint on how to "tame" the wild noises that some Minelabs are producing . There are small bags that hold specimins like coins or gold nuggets and close with a strip across the top . If you take 3 or 4 of these and put steel wool in them and CLOSE THEM WELL they can be placed in different places inside the control box . It acts as a "muffler" by absorbing the electric charges that seem to bounce around inside the box . I was not told any specific places to put them only to spread them around . I would think that if they were placed at each end and a couple in the middle it would work . As soon as I get specific data from those "in the know" I will pass it on .I am not sure if it will work in other detectors although I don't see it hurting anything . My LST has never done this so I've had no reason to do it . My SD2200d also seems to be OK without that "fix."

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I've heard of big gold in Oz... nice pics.

I'm sure there was plenty work involved to get it.

Congrats!

Paratrooper... if someone is packing bags of steel wool inside the box it's an effort to cancel out spurious emissions, basically caused by hasty design work and a rush to the marketplace.
They will possibly affect fine tuning and capability of the machine, to some degree.

Interesting...

Best
rmptr

gemhunter

Mar 11, 2006
BC Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium LS Whites GMT Ace 250 Ace 100 Sunray Probe Garrett Probe
Feeling more confident with my purchasing the GMT.
Looking at nuggets this large is making me drool with gold fever! :tongue3::thumbsup:
very nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread