Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Upvote 0

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
get maps and look for dry river beds and slow running creeks now and wait for the thaw water will come gushing down from the mountains and let the water slow down or subside and hit the water ways again and md a lot of the empty gullys where water has ran better yet go to the white tank mountains where there are huge wide deep gullys bring your side arm rattlers in them thar hills

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check with the GPAA, there is a local club in that area. Good hunting :thumbsup:

P

pippinwhitepaws

howdy... welcome to arizona.

if i had a gi issue id card, i'd drive down to serria vista...go to the base library, read about that treasure room they seem to have misplaced. :thumbsup:

Reg

Aug 10, 2007
Pueblo, CO
Detector(s) used
White's TDI, TDI SL, GMT, GM 4, MXT, Tesoro LST, Lobo, Bandido, Vaquero, Sidewinder, Fisher GB 2, GB SE, F75 LTD Camo, Minelab SD 2200, XT18000, Discovery Goldtrax, Cointrax, and too many others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

There is a club in Tucson that has claims in the general area. The club doesn't cost that much to join, so that is an alternative. Here is a link to the club.

http://home.att.net/~desert-gold-diggers/index.htm

Now, part of the reason for joining the club is to know where hunt in the general area. Greaterville and the surrounding area southeast of Tucson is a good location. Arivaca area is supposed to be good also. However, knowing just where to go is still the problem. Also, one can get a lot of good information from the members that is invaluable when compared to the price of joining the club. So, it is something to consider if you are going to be in the area for a while.

There are a couple of good gold placer books available that cover the AZ placers also. So, you might try to find one of them. Here is a link where one of them can be down loaded in PDF format.

http://www.azgs.az.gov/Mineral Scans/gold_bull168_ocr.pdf

Hope this helps.

Reg

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allo: go to the --> Desert-gpld-diggers site. REG has posted it in the last post.I visited them the first Tuesday of this Feb, they meet on the first Tuesday's of the month. There were about 100 poeple at the meeting, all very nice people.

They meet at the Veterans hall, it is on the right side of Roger going west.

My wife and I attended as guests, but since we were late, they didn't introduce us to the group. Be sure to let them know about "Treasure net". Those that I talked to were surprised to find that such a site existed.

Bring them here .

Don Jose de La mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread