Nice Gold Specimen Found with Whites TDI

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Gold Specimen Found with White's TDI

Hi,

The first nugget I found at my mine at Moore Creek with the White's TDI weighed 1.93 ounces. I was pretty tickled by that, figuring I'd have bragging rights for awhile.

Well, I'd better give credit where due. Some friends visited the mine in the fall. Bernie and Chris P from Soldotna, Alaska are both avid detectorists, having racked up many pounds of gold at Ganes Creek, Alaska over the years with the White's MXT.

But they were ready for something different. Chris in particular wanted to find some nice specimen gold. She can outhunt most guys but this was her first time using a PI detector. They hunted Ganes a week, and then came over to Moore Creek.

They both did well, but Chris outdid Bernie with this really nice 2.07 oz. gold/quartz specimen. And managed to beat my 1.93 oz. chunk in the process.

2_7a.jpg

Steve Herschbach
http://www.moorecreek.com/cost_and_availability.htm"]Moore Creek Mining LLC[/url]

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Nice Gold Specimen Found with White's TDI

Wow Steve! Tell Chris congrats on that beautiful specimen! That is gorgeous!

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice specimen!

Mojave Jack

Greenie
Jan 21, 2009

I just found myself a new background picture for my computer. Wow. That is pretty and makes me very jealous. I'm still looking for my first picker in my pan down here in Southern Calif.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Tell Chris that's an awesome nugget! But, I'm sure you already did ;D. One of those TDI's are definately on my "to get" list.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sweet !! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions