WOW!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Seems like I dropped that last time on my way through ;)

C

Charles,Oak Island

Lets see at close today gold was $395.30 per oz at 33.85 oz whats that about $13,380. not a bad days work

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Actually, since it's such a rare specimen, the estimated value is $30,000! Yeah, I could handle that kinda pay! :)

C

Cofresipirate

Man I should stop looking for spanish gold and start nugget hunting ;D. Thanks for sharing the photo with us ;)

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Marc
I think you must have misunderstood Steve. Steve found that monster nugget at Ganes Creek Alaska last year(detect for fee location).
It was detected with a Gold Bug right on the surface .near the camp. I think he said that others because of it's size thought it was just trash. He almost had trouble getting it out of Alaska. More photos Click on the photos for closeups.
http://www.juddcom.com/photos/Ganes Creek 6-20-04/index.html

We all dream of finding a monster nugget like this.
If I ever have the time one day I will detect at Ganes Creek.
George

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Complete story was posted in GPAA magazine several issues ago. Seems that Steve had open heart surgery months before his trip to Alaska. In the story he called it his heart nugget. Great find and awesome nugget.

B

brla

it seems on pictures from web site steve has some problem? anyway very good finds by steve is bad he is not here to chat with us

Regards

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

Wish I could take a trip to the right place in ALASKA here I.D the largest nuggets I find only amount to max 1to2 OZ......... :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread