Minelab Eureka Gold

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Jangles , I know a lit' bit about how the Eureka does on gold , my buddy keeps his out here in Calf. with me . When we go a chas'n the gold , I use my G.M. II or G.M. V- sat he uses his Eureka . Now , I will find smaller bit's , as # 8 shot will make my detecter scream , he will walk right over them ? He is usally swinging his deteter in 20 Hz , but even in 60Hz he doen't seem to do as well as me ,on small stuff . He does well on .5 gr.- 1 gr. pieces at say 3 in . range . Now the last time we went out [Jan ? ] there was snow on the ground and it was really wet , ... the salt's where alive!! I was at a real disavantage , he even was having problems but in the end he had two [.25 gr. and .75 gr.] ,.. and I had the fragrence of SKUNK on me!! In fact , the small bit I had heard it on a dry-washer tailing , even moved it a bit , but the ground was killing me . But he found it ,.... that was a long cold walk home that night for him !!
Now , they say that the Eureka can be used on relic's , but I must believe it would be a poor choice for that task . Also the older Minlab [1800 ?] is simular to the Eureka , may have a better coil selection ? Anyway ,I beleive you could pick ether one up used for about 425 now ?
The Tesoro Lobo Supertraq is a hot unit , I know a few that use the Lobo on gold and they seem to be doing very well with it . I even tested one , I bought it for a freind in the Netherlands, the Dutch think there good for the lit' silver Roman coin's , it did fine for the lit' time I played with it on gold .

There you go , Joel

OP
OP
J

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
blindpig said:
Jangles , I know a lit' bit about how the Eureka does on gold , my buddy keeps his out here in Calf. with me . When we go a chas'n the gold , I use my G.M. II or G.M. V- sat he uses his Eureka . Now , I will find smaller bit's , as # 8 shot will make my detecter scream , he will walk right over them ? He is usally swinging his deteter in 20 Hz , but even in 60Hz he doen't seem to do as well as me ,on small stuff . He does well on .5 gr.- 1 gr. pieces at say 3 in . range . Now the last time we went out [Jan ? ] there was snow on the ground and it was really wet , ... the salt's where alive!! I was at a real disavantage , he even was having problems but in the end he had two [.25 gr. and .75 gr.] ,.. and I had the fragrence of SKUNK on me!! In fact , the small bit I had heard it on a dry-washer tailing , even moved it a bit , but the ground was killing me . But he found it ,.... that was a long cold walk home that night for him !!
Now , they say that the Eureka can be used on relic's , but I must believe it would be a poor choice for that task . Also the older Minlab [1800 ?] is simular to the Eureka , may have a better coil selection ? Anyway ,I beleive you could pick ether one up used for about 425 now ?
The Tesoro Lobo Supertraq is a hot unit , I know a few that use the Lobo on gold and they seem to be doing very well with it . I even tested one , I bought it for a freind in the Netherlands, the Dutch think there good for the lit' silver Roman coin's , it did fine for the lit' time I played with it on gold .

There you go , Joel
Thanks Joel that's what I needed to know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread