Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Eddie Lomax

May 10, 2008
Central South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Machines- Metal Detecting, Privy Digging, Arrowheads, Prospecting, Catfishing, Harley Riding
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea where Wake County is, but the Big 10 Gold Map shows ocurrences as far east as Chapel Hill.

OP
OP
SkyPirate

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CATFISHJK1 said:
I have no idea where Wake County is, but the Big 10 Gold Map shows ocurrences as far east as Chapel Hill.

I beleive ChapelHill is Orange County and wake is just East of there. I live in Raleigh ( The state capital) Which is in Wake Co. What is this Big 10 Gold map?

am-ark

Nov 30, 2008
Virginia
Not sure about Wake county, but there is a small town called Virgilina that is just north of Person county (which is very close to you), that was actually a gold mining town years ago. Im sure there is gold in some of that quartz. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

abearzzz

Dec 4, 2005
CHECK THIS OUT

Attachments

• gold-mining.gif
    gold-mining.gif
    72.8 KB · Views: 5,071

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
It's Mica and Quartz.
Here in Wake County we could possibly find some emeralds and other gemstones. But from what I have seen over by the mountains is where you will find some tiny flakes.

You want gold "Nuggets" you need to hit Arizona, Canada, Alaska, Australia, Sudan.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Here's some gold from western NC that I used a sluice to recover. From Vein Mountain Locale.

The vial of gold in the second picture is from sluicing/panning around thermal city and also running the trommel there once.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ab ,you are doing a lot better. your an old salt now !

geodetecting

Feb 13, 2012
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have and can prove to you there is Gold in Durham NC!!! I'm currently testing every area I can throughout NC, mainly east of Greensboro, we all know there is Gold that far west. I have MANY areas that are approved for me to prospect and I can say that there is gold in most creeks from Durham to the mountains if you know what your doing, I have direct experience and proof of gold.

wakeforestgold

Greenie
Jul 26, 2014
wake forest nc
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
gold in wake county

How far East in North Carolina can gold be found? There is a lot of quartz just laying around in the woods in Wake county. Some of it looks like there is silver running through it but that may be mica. Anyone know of any gold found in the area? Thanks.

there are many counties having gold mines before but all stopped.
in wake county there have some attempts but all hidden even when you search in the maps. they are so small and there is no information about thier owner.

i am still searching

i live in wake forest nc so where do you live? may be we can work together.

thanks

Q_Bert

Aug 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are many counties having gold mines before but all stopped.
in wake county there have some attempts but all hidden even when you search in the maps. they are so small and there is no information about thier owner.

i am still searching

i live in wake forest nc so where do you live? may be we can work together.

thanks

I live in Raleigh NC an am looking for a prospecting partner. I am 24 year old man very easy to get along with if you interested email me at [email protected]

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far East in North Carolina can gold be found? There is a lot of quartz just laying around in the woods in Wake county. Some of it looks like there is silver running through it but that may be mica. Anyone know of any gold found in the area? Thanks.

Just a short jog west / northwest of where you are now should put you in the Uwharries... tons of gold still there. Watch out for snakes. And hunters. And ticks. Lots of ticks.

sandman318

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2017
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2/

Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer

Turbo pan

Le trap Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also live in Raleigh and have been searching for a couple of weeks just to test out my new equipment. So far (predictable) no gold But LOTS and LOTS of black sand also lots of pyrite :X i hate pyrite. Quarts is all over have found a couple of good pieces as well as one rose quarts and one smokey quartz have also found A nice tourmaline. Have a Sluice coming in the mail tomorrow, will venture out to durham to see if i can get any specs. Working on restoring a 2001 f150 to haul my equipment so i can get on the road to the mountains and out west would like to find some emeralds/sapphire and of course the shiney!

rtp_guy

Jan 22, 2014
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Minelab CTX 3030
Fischer B 2
Garrett AT Gold
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's MX5
Titan 9000
Falcon MD20
Garrett AT PP
Minelab Pro-Find 35
White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also live in Raleigh and have been searching for a couple of weeks just to test out my new equipment. So far (predictable) no gold But LOTS and LOTS of black sand also lots of pyrite :X i hate pyrite. Quarts is all over have found a couple of good pieces as well as one rose quarts and one smokey quartz have also found A nice tourmaline. Have a Sluice coming in the mail tomorrow, will venture out to durham to see if i can get any specs. Working on restoring a 2001 f150 to haul my equipment so i can get on the road to the mountains and out west would like to find some emeralds/sapphire and of course the shiney!

I'm in Durham with both new and old equipment (3" proline dredge, gold hog raptor2, gold cube gold banker and a load of other stuff & about a dozen detectors). PM me if you'd like get a plan of attack together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread