Fisher Gold Strike (Need advice)

Westeagle

Apr 16, 2009
I would appreciate any advice on setting up and using the fisher gold strike metal detector. I have a new one to use on a mining claim in Oregon gold country. I would like to here from anyone who owns a fisher gold strike. Information on how to set the settings to start with and any advice on finding nuggets with it would be helpful. I took it out a few times last fall before the snow fell and found a lot of square nails and a few hits I could never locate. It seems to be very sensitive. It has the 10” coil. I cannot find much information online for this detector. Thanks

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen it posted on the net many times that it was discontinued due to a lack of performance and buyer rage???John ???

OP
OP
W

Westeagle

Apr 16, 2009
I did find a few negative posts on this detector after posting :icon_scratch: here but I also found some very positive posts too. :icon_sunny: The positive post seem to say that most dedicated nugget hunters did not like the gold strike because it is deferent. For those willing to learn the detector it is very capable. Well I was felling kind of down about my Fisher gold strike. But it’s the detector I have and I can’t afford a different one now. After going out this weekend for my second detecting trip this year I think I am getting it figured out. I did not find any gold but I did find three different fragments of lead bullets over 1 foot deep. One was very small (just a small piece of a bullet) and gave a strong signal. This same area had been detected with the gold bug 2 and it did not find them. So I am confident if I am finding lead that it will also find gold. I will keep trying and keep anyone interested posted on my progress.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Thanx very much--always lookn' for news--be it good or bad-- to learn somethin' new every day makes this ol'dredge dog a happy camper-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :icon_sunny:

oldestjim

Sep 5, 2004
Southern California
The Fisher Gold Strike got bad press from the beginning. Maybe because of its double tone and no "zip-zip sound." Also differen't setup... but over time there has been some very successful users such as several full timers in northern Nevada...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions