xlt

OP
OP
pshaw54

pshaw54

Jun 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
no input, huh? i won't be offended if you all tell me it won't be good enough.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally wouldnt recommend the X.L.T.,however.........many years ago I seen a pan of very large nuggets that an old timer had under the seat of his truck.A couple of years ago I was talking to his grandson about the gold and where he found it(I knew where which did no good as a mining company has since came in and strip mined it)I was shocked to hear the old man had found it all with a X.L.T.!Remember I said it was all big gold,even a Radio Shack detector will find big shallow gold though.

7oz

Greenie
May 7, 2009
Seattle Washington
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Troy X5
I've took a Eagle Spectrum to the gold claims, (basically close to a XLT minus some features ) I worked with it for a few hours and put it away, it didn't inspire confidence. The XLT doesn't effectively pickup the small gold, it's designed more towards finding high conductivity metal. Great coinshooter, however not an effective nuggetshooter. If you don't want to spend too much I'd recommend a Goldmaster 2 Vsat or above.

OP
OP
pshaw54

pshaw54

Jun 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
gotcha. thanks all, now i have to start looking for a good gold detector.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
You need too join the SPMA they are out of san diego and they will put you on gold. I am a member. If you become a member then we can go hit the club claims. I use the claims every month. But you need to be a member. Here is the app link http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EAgHSi...E-CWoNh0vAxRndsUJObXBB-n/Membership/SPMA1.pdf

As far as the XLT most of the guys here know where I stand on detectors so I am not going to give advice. (Minelab)

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yellow Hammer said:
You need too join the SPMA they are out of san diego and they will put you on gold. I am a member. If you become a member then we can go hit the club claims. I use the claims every month. But you need to be a member. Here is the app link http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EAgHSi...E-CWoNh0vAxRndsUJObXBB-n/Membership/SPMA1.pdf

As far as the XLT most of the guys here no where I stand on detectors so I am not going to give advice. (Minelab)
I wont argue that!!!!

OP
OP
pshaw54

pshaw54

Jun 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks, I'll check into it! I think there is a minelab store in Escondido, I'll pick their brains.

OP
OP
pshaw54

pshaw54

Jun 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
link was broken. whats their homepage?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread