my first nugget!!! looking for permission

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got my first nugget today ;D :headbang: :hello2: :icon_thumleft: and man i now know how you could miss them, in the same square foot was a piece of wire a steel bb and some foil from like a beer bottle and since i have a goldmaster it was picking them all up and the other nice thing is iron stuff that small shows as non-ferrous until its right on the coil the reason i think thats good is cause it makes me dig everyyyyyyyythiiiiiiiiiiiiing,unless i get a very positive iron signal and then i guess i still dig cause id like to find a pistol or knife or a steel can full of coins ;Dor gold :o but im sure that would scream at me. :wink: i dont know the weight of the nugget its in a vial of viager right now it was covered with black stuff :dontknow:but there was defiately yellow glowin through and it was a definate zippy yellin at me tone in my cup anywhere near the coil maybe the vets will agree but i kinda knew before i saw it.then i saw it and ;D i was happy. when a man does the jig alone in the woods do the trees think hes crazy :tongue3: i put it in my mouth for a while and when it came out it was cleaner and very pretty.i go sluicing three times a week, but im new to detecting im still on my first set of batteries and i did dig alot of trash and i will dig alot more gold, if im in any position to give advice to newbies it would be read your manual everymorning :coffee2:research :read2:and dig everything.also to any one who reads this i am serious about prospecting i would really like to find more people like me i have all my own equipment and know how to find gold im looking for more locations so if there are any claimholders in the placerville area who would like some one to look into their claim if they cant do it as often as they like let me know i can keep an eye on your corner markers and make sure no one is jumpin your claim. i think it even counts as assesment work. we can meet in person and i will not be bringing any one ever!!!or if you have a claim and go out regularly id like to come out for a day and work with some other people who love this as much as me.just thought id ask i know claimholders look at these posts.when i clean my nugget ill post a pic of it. good luck everyone.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have found lots of gold with mercury on it,and its all placer gold. the nugget i found was from float near a hardrock mine the only way it would have mercury on it is if it had been through a stamp mill and been on the amaglam plate, in wich case it wouldnt be a nugget :tongue3: i know i didnt mention any of that earlier. also i know there are a lot of nuggetshooters who put their finds in their mouth so i am weird and havnt put enough mercury covered gold in my mouth to be stupid.. thanks for the warning though and your welcome for the sass ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread