Last weekends find: 8.7 ounce nugget!!!!!!!!

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Cork...sheesh...when I saw your post I thought you had taken your MXT and gone and found it!! I presume you are not the lucky Mr. Hughes, or am I mistaken?

How have you been doing with your nugget hunting these days...any success?

Jim.

OP
OP
Sierra Kid

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300, Falcon MD20
Hi Jim,

I wish it was me! He found it in my stomping grounds. After I heard that story I was tempted to jump in my truck and head out there! Been slowing down on the nugget shooting. The desert heat is getting oppressive. I have been spending time rebuilding my giant drywasher and restoring a car. I need to find some nuggets to afford my other hobbies!

Sean

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
I rather hunt in the heat Friday was 102 and I hunted till 1300. When it hits 127 deg I hunt till about 0900 and then go back out at night with a head lamp. The best thing about heat is that you won't see a nothing person as stupid as you. Not only that I hate the cold (65 deg or less). I thank I have been in the desert way too long. And Jim I know if you hit 2 deg in the winter it's a heat wave. :thumbsup:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, my bad. :-\

It's just that I know that most places in that area are either claimed or wilderness areas or state park.

But, I shouldn't assume the worst.

B

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
if it was my claim i would be digging holes all over that place.

i can understand him not wanting to give out the location of the area if the claim is his or he is going to file on it, but to never go back?

thats just totally insane unless it belongs to someone else and he doesnt want to get caught prospecting there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread