ARGUS German Gold Detector goes 3.5 meter!???

alexnz

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2009
New Zealand
ARGUS German 'Gold' Detector goes 3.5 meter!???

Argus GD 5005 B (German): Is it the Mercedes or BMW of Detectors or....
They look and sound good according to their website but i am no expert.
They say that they go down to 3.5 meter with a diameter 280mm coil and deeper with monster coils (biggest coil:2 by 1 meter!).
The discrimination is suppose to be awesome....
They cost Euro 4000. They have an even better version (GD 5005 C) that costs Euro 5800 (only visible on german language side)
Its a lot of dosh but, if true, should pay for itself in 'no time'.
Might be a 'mission' to dig 3.5 meter holes!!!
Can someone enlighten me (and others).
Has someone got any experience with one.
Can someone check the theory behind them out.
The website is www.electron.de (click english language version, little english flag in top right hand corner).
Cheers. AL.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: ARGUS German 'Gold' Detector goes 3.5 meter!???

??? Other forums posted info--NO GROUND BALANCE AND LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER OF ERIK FOSTER DESIGNS' HEIST??? He must be the most copied man ever!!!tons a au 2 u 2 -John

OP
OP
alexnz

alexnz

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2009
New Zealand

Hoser John said:
??? Other forums posted info--NO GROUND BALANCE AND LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER OF ERIK FOSTER DESIGNS' HEIST??? He must be the most copied man ever!!!tons a au 2 u 2 -John
Hi John, yeah the consensus so far is that it's the Lada, not the Mercedes of detectors.
Cheers, AL.

Reg

Aug 10, 2007
Pueblo, CO
Detector(s) used
White's TDI, TDI SL, GMT, GM 4, MXT, Tesoro LST, Lobo, Bandido, Vaquero, Sidewinder, Fisher GB 2, GB SE, F75 LTD Camo, Minelab SD 2200, XT18000, Discovery Goldtrax, Cointrax, and too many others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is something else to consider. The detector sort of indicates they are using a very high powered pulse. If that is the case, then there is no way to quickly terminate the decay signal. This means, that a very quick sampling may not be possible.

Now, this becomes important on small gold or strange gold that has a very short time constant. In other words, it may be possible that small gold will be ignored. Now, if there is no ground balance then that sort of indicates the sampling does occur much later. Again, this limits the size of gold that can be found. However, it could have an automatic ground balance feature. So, at this point, we just don't know.

The only way to really know what can be done with this detector is to hope someone actually tries one and then provides an honest evaluation.

Please keep in mind that my thoughts are just that and not based upon any knowledge of the detector. I just provided them so one might exercise a little caution and give a couple of ideas of what one might want to check.

Reg

OP
OP
alexnz

alexnz

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2009
New Zealand

Reg said:
Here is something else to consider. The detector sort of indicates they are using a very high powered pulse. If that is the case, then there is no way to quickly terminate the decay signal. This means, that a very quick sampling may not be possible.

Now, this becomes important on small gold or strange gold that has a very short time constant. In other words, it may be possible that small gold will be ignored. Now, if there is no ground balance then that sort of indicates the sampling does occur much later. Again, this limits the size of gold that can be found. However, it could have an automatic ground balance feature. So, at this point, we just don't know.

The only way to really know what can be done with this detector is to hope someone actually tries one and then provides an honest evaluation.

Please keep in mind that my thoughts are just that and not based upon any knowledge of the detector. I just provided them so one might exercise a little caution and give a couple of ideas of what one might want to check.

Reg

Cheers Mate. AL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread