Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Gold locations Arizona

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2009
    southwest territory NV, AZ, NM
    Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq

Gold locations Arizona

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of gold being found in Northern, AZ. Mainly around Flagstaff, Williams, Seligman areas?

If gold is where you find it I'm wondering if these areas have potential at all.

thanks, gold

us
    Apr 2008
    Quartzsite AZ
    TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
    2 times

Re: Gold locations Arizona

no! If you draw a line from NW corner Az to SE Az, the gold producing areas are south of that line.

us
    Aug 2009
    southwest territory NV, AZ, NM
    Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq

Thanks for the info AUDUKE..... would be nice to hear from others to see what their thinking is.

goldhat

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Wave table, etc.
    1871 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Here is a list of gold deposits by county in AZ.
    http://www.nuggetshooter.com/article...dDeposits.html

GG~
    Keppy and Jim Hemmingway like this.
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

Jan 2005
    Colorado Springs, co
    minelab
    1 times

lost mine of sycamore canyon south of williams. river of silver out north and east of canyon diablo. all those claims north of flagstaff was a hoax. eighteen gold mines around camp verde. also a manganese mine out old salt mine road. halite crystals at the salt mine at camp verde

Feb 2013
    Can you tell me the locations of place or where i can find maps of camp verde where i can search?

Charter Member
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    1252 times
    Prospecting
    Goldhat,

Based on the link that Goodguy gave you and what AUDuke mentioned it would look much like this give or take,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arizona.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	745928
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Build Your Own Blue Bowl Recovery System - Build Your Own Crevice Vac / Blower - Build Your Own Trommel - Build You Own Miller Table

us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1650 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    Goldhat,

Based on the link that Goodguy gave you and what AUDuke mentioned it would look much like this give or take,

Name:	arizona.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	745928
    AZViper. Your map would probably be more correct if the dividing line went from its location nw to Flagstaff, then a little more ESE from Flag. The gray area is mostly up on the Mogollon Heights, also called the Colorado Plateau. A GREAT BIG sedimentary area, indicating an inland sea..... not condusive to gold occurrence. If you look for AZ mining districts, I don't think you will find any on the Colorado Plateau. TTC
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3340 times
    Metal Detecting

us

Jun 2008
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1650 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    A short piece of the Wikipedia decription.... The Mogollon Rim's limestones and sandstones were formed from sediments deposited in the Carboniferous and Permian Periods. Several of the Rim's rock formations are also seen on the walls of the Grand Canyon. In many places, the Rim is capped or even buried by the extensive basaltic lava flows.
    The uppermost sandstone stratum of the Mogollon Rim, called the Coconino Sandstone, forms spectacular white cliffs, sometimes several hundred feet high. This formation of the Permian Period is of aeolian (windblown) origin and is one of the thickest sand-dune-derived sandstones on earth. TTC
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

us
    Feb 2013
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett AT Pro
    157 times
    The map says it all. Nearest good area to you would be in the Bradshaw Mountains. Lynx Creek near Prescott Valley is a good spot.
    TerryC likes this.

us

Jun 2008
    1650 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Here are two maps, both from Eldrid Wilson, that show gold occurrences in northern Arizona. The first is of placer districts. The second is of lode districts. As you can see, north and east of Flagstaff is DEVOID of districts. The credentials of Mr. Wilson are indisputable. Based on these publications, and others I have, I am convinced that the looking for gold on the Colorado Plateau (Indian Reservations notwithstanding) would be futile. TTC

Name:	placer.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	516.0 KB 
ID:	746035 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lode.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	538.0 KB 
ID:	746038
    EDIT: Eldred Wilson

Name:	Eldred.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	403.2 KB 
ID:	746311
    Last edited by TerryC; Feb 22, 2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Jim Hemmingway likes this.
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

Charter Member
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    1252 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryC View Post
    AZViper. Your map would probably be more correct if the dividing line went from its location nw to Flagstaff, then a little more ESE from Flag. The gray area is mostly up on the Mogollon Heights, also called the Colorado Plateau. A GREAT BIG sedimentary area, indicating an inland sea..... not condusive to gold occurrence. If you look for AZ mining districts, I don't think you will find any on the Colorado Plateau. TTC
    Was only a quick drawing based on what AUDuke had mentioned. Should have done my homework...
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Build Your Own Blue Bowl Recovery System - Build Your Own Crevice Vac / Blower - Build Your Own Trommel - Build You Own Miller Table

us
    Feb 2013
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett AT Pro
    157 times
    TerryC is correct. I can tell you this for certain though...there are meteorites on the Colorado Plateau. An "out of this world" treasure that is equally (if not more) exciting to find as gold.
    TerryC likes this.

us

Jun 2008
    1650 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    Was only a quick drawing based on what AUDuke had mentioned. Should have done my homework...
    No problemo, AZV. Gold has actually been found in and around sedimentary rocks (limestome lenses would be one). The problem with the Plateau is it is HUNDREDS of feet thick and much is lava covered. NOT a place where most miners would want to look! TTC
    Jim Hemmingway likes this.
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors