Can a fisher F2 find gold?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detectors are designed to meet a certain price point for certain types of hunting. The F2 doesn't have the hair on it to be a good nugget detector but would love to find coins. Many of us have more than one detector as we think of them like golf golf clubs, you need a different one of each shot or job. This doesn't mean you can not have fun with a Fisher F2.

RonnieAZ

Nov 15, 2009
Prescott AZ
Detector(s) used
E-trac GP extreme sovereign elite gold bug 2
Any metal detector will find gold nuggets and I do mean ANY detector the cheapest of them will find larger nuggets Ive tested nuggets on a variety of detectors some wont find the very small pieces some that will find the very small dont have the depth to get the deeper nuggets unless they are very large as far as whats the best detectors for nugget hunting you will get many different opinions I would suggest checking the forums and asking around who are the best nugget finders out there and what detectors are they using who is actually finding gold on a regular basis I know some of the best in my area and they all use minelabs I use a GP extreme and a GB2 dont take anyone's personal opinion just check out the "pro's" they are using the best they can afford and have tested many they spend many long days in the field like any hobby or job see what the top guys use. - RonnieAZ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread