Minelab coils on TDI?

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
The plug is the same. All ML and Coiltec coils will work, As I understand some Nugget Finder coils will not work properly. IMO the mono coil work better than the DD.

OP
OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
Thanks AUDuke. I guess I will just have to try them. I have a 10" joey Mono and a 14" Nuggetfinder Mono. If the plugs are the same it won't be any effort.
Cheers
The Cat

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

The TDI was specifically intended to allow for the use of Minelab compatible coils and so you just plug them in. The Nugget Finder coils do work, with the exception of the few they made that had a knob on them that allowed for a reversal of tones.

Some coils may not work at the lowest 10 uS setting so if you try an aftermarket coil and it does not seem to work increase the pulse delay until you get stable operation. I've tried at least a dozen aftermarket coils and they all worked fine. My favorite is the 24" x 12" Coiltek UFO coil. Fully waterproof, and fantastic for covering huge areas quickly, like a large beach, for instance.

Steve Herschbach

OP
OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
Thanks for the comments Steve. The Australian version of the TDI will hopefully be in around December. The original had difficulty with our extreme soil conditions so I am told. They have made some minor adjustments.
Photo is typical of the area that I hunt in. Access is good in most areas.
Cheers

Cat

Attachments

• Nugget Hill 001.JPG
    Nugget Hill 001.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 427

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread