The New Gold Bug(GB3)

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just read my copy of W&E Treasures, and I noticed an advertisment for the new Gold Bug(GB3). It has a 0-99 TID, continous ground phase and mineralization readout, running depth and signal strength, all-metal and discriminate modes, 19khz operating freq., threshold and gain adjustments, ground grab and manual GB options, no-motion pin point, 2 tone VCO, Power= 1, 9 volt battery, MSRP= $549.00 (pg.39)

If this thing performs, all the other companys in the low to middle price point in the VLF market are going to have to upgrade their gold machines. The price, and the features of the GB3 seems pretty fantastic. I know that the upgrade to the ground grab feature along with the manual GB is pretty cool just by itself. The difficulty for novices in ground balancing the GB2 has been why they usually go to an auto-tracking type detector. I can't wait to see the first user opinions.

Upvote 0

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX, Gold Master 2, Surfmaster PI, TF900, Falcon MD20, Arc Geo Logger
I wonder if Fisher has released any of these new Gold Bugs yet? Steve thought late Nov. But still no word yet.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Kellyco has them on there web site for sale was just looking at them there

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

I was originally told November, and last I heard was hopefully spring. Don't give anyone money for one yet.

Steve Herschbach

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve Herschbach said:
Hi,

I was originally told November, and last I heard was hopefully spring. Don't give anyone money for one yet.

Steve Herschbach
You mean that if you order one from Kellco you will be put on backorder?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: PLEASE LISTEN TO STEVE --when a dealer of his experience tells ya to keep your cash in your pocket there is a dam good reason why- :thumbsup: John

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
I was told by a reliable source that they encountered some problem during testing and had to delay the release until Jan. which probably means Mar.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hoser John said:
:headbang: PLEASE LISTEN TO STEVE --when a dealer of his experience tells ya to keep your cash in your pocket there is a dam good reason why- :thumbsup: John

Hi John,

Well, why give your money up for something that is still in the works? I for one will not take money for detectors I do not have. It sets me up for weeks if not months of people calling asking where the product is, and eventually people get upset and want their money back. So why go down that road? Wait until you hear on the forums they are actually shipping. Better yet wait for real field test reports.

Steve Herschbach

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
JBlankenship said:
They are selling them thru Cabela's at the moment.
Well i read on ....Finds treasure fourm..... in ...Yank Aussie prospecting forum..that the New Gold Bug 3 that cabela's sells is not the same as the one they are going to release to the dealers for sale . They said wait for the dealers to get one. Did you see Fishers new web site take a look.. www.fisherlab.com

Attachments

• Gold-Bug-faceplate-150.jpg
    Gold-Bug-faceplate-150.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,031
  • Gold-Bug-faceplate-150.jpg
    Gold-Bug-faceplate-150.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,032

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
JBlankenship said:
Well i read on ....Finds treasure fourm..... in ...Yank Aussie prospecting forum..that the New Gold Bug 3 that cabela's sells is not the same as the one they are going to release to the dealers for sale . They said wait for the dealers to get one. Did you see Fishers new web site take a look.. www.fisherlab.com

Keppy,

I would see no reason for Fisher to produce two different GB3 detectors, I believe that Cabelas most likely paid or purchased a large number of the first ones released to have the right to sell to the open market first.

If you look at the GB3 on Fisher's site and the one on Cabelas' site they are identical, I see no difference in the two, it would not be a good business practice or cost affective for Fisher to make 2 different GB3.

Skip

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
AU Seeker said:
Keppy said:
JBlankenship said:

Keppy,

I would see no reason for Fisher to produce two different GB3 detectors, I believe that Cabelas most likely paid or purchased a large number of the first ones released to have the right to sell to the open market first.

If you look at the GB3 on Fisher's site and the one on Cabelas' site they are identical, I see no difference in the two, it would not be a good business practice or cost affective for Fisher to make 2 different GB3.

Skip
well go to .. www.findmall.com . then click on fishers classic fourm then on ... 9 hours of prospecting with the new Gold Bug 3 there is also a video of useing the gold bug 3 there..And that is were i saw that the Gold Bug from Cabela's and the one the dealers have are to be different. www.findmall.com

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting read guys--thanks!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread