Containers for pickers out in the field

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pill prescription bottles work well for some as they are large enough to insert a finger with the picker on it. Companies also sell these tiny bottles with screw caps and some come in small pouches so they won't slide out of a shirt pocket or vest.

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
Sandman said:
Pill prescription bottles work well for some as they are large enough to insert a finger with the picker on it. Companies also sell these tiny bottles with screw caps and some come in small pouches so they won't slide out of a shirt pocket or vest.

Yep, pill bottles work for me. When the day comes that I can't fit my finger in because my pickers are too big, then I'll retire. :wink:

F.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Robber;
I like the plastic 35mm film containers, except they are becoming sort of rare now that 35mm film is slowly going the way of the dinosaurs.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
Hoser John said:
:headbang: FILM CONTAINERS ROCK--THEM PILL BOTTLES LEAK SMALL GOLD- :laughing7: tons a au 2 u 2-John

It's those darn child proof ones that leak. I get the snap-on style instead. A lot like the film canister's, but clear. :icon_sunny:

F.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
I have a large quantity of the Coke Bottle Preforms(for Sale)they are expensive to buy in bulk and thats the only way I could find them marketed.I wanted the smaller 4 0z. ones but got the 10 oz.ers.They are great,waterproof(will float if not full of gold),and indestructible(you can drive over one and they wont break!!!)Let me know if you are interested! :icon_thumleft:

mikepanner

Greenie
Nov 5, 2008
recent years I've been using diabetic test strip containers. They are about the size of 35 mm film canisters and the top is hinged with a strong thumb tab that works great for one handed opening and closing. I think I wore out the hinge on one in 2 or 3 years use. Film canisters I've had pop open a few times in the pocket (no offense John), but not these. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread