BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.... the weather is getting good for the desert again. Is there anyone out there that wants to go do some detecting? I picked up a Minelab GP3000 last year and it got too hot out to go use. I'm just looking for a sidekick so I don't have to go out in the middle of nowhere solo... Someone with some experience would be nice too. I have a truck and bike and am no stranger to the desert.

Upvote 0

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
I have about another month of school and I would be up for this. Are you a member of the GPAA or the SPMA? With the SPMA I have found nuggets on there claims. I also have a keene 140 drywasher if the detecting is not so good. I just got back from Az with over 2 oz working SPMA and GPAA claims.

OP
OP
BruceHuffington

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent... I will send you a PM

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Im in San Fernando Valley. Been wanting to start going out also for gold or meteorites. I have a gold detector but cant get it out storage till Xmas.
[email protected]

OP
OP
BruceHuffington

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metorites sound interesting.... I like Yellow Hammers plan of going where you know gold is. I will be looking into the SPMA and GPAA...

Robbor, let me know when your ready for action.. I'm free most weekends... Fri-Sun

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
I sent an email to my local chapter GPAA about info on local claims and i got no response, they want you to join first then see where the claims are. Ive made a magnetic cane for meteorites and the girlfriend and i are probably going to go out to the desert next weekend. I dont mind just tagging along even with no detector if you want company or an extra shovel. I have a sluice also ready to go.

OP
OP
BruceHuffington

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had time to try to contact the GPAA or SPMA but its definitely on my To-Do list.
As for this weekend my kids have me booked for motorcycle riding in Gorman. I don't know the first thing about meteorites.. how do you know where to look for them?

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Been wanting a backup detector, just bought a never used goldmaster 3 with stock and goldmax DD coil last night for 200 so im ready to go. Need to add a harness to ease use of GB then im good to go.

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
As a member of the SPMA, this is a gold finding club. They have claims that kick %&$. I detect and drywash the claims. Two of these claims are on Indian land in Az at the old La Paz district and down at the potholes by Yuma. The GPAA has some great claims right off the 10 outside palms springs and three great claims 20 to 30 min from the river in Az. All these claims are loaded.

groups.yahoo.com/group/spma2

Download member app from the file.

adobisky

Nov 24, 2009
New to this web site - new to SoCal and New to Nugget Shooting!

Hi guys,

I moved to Murrieta, Ca from the east coast where I used to to a lot of coin shooting and relic hunting.

Now that I live out here - I want to try nugget hunting.

I have a whites DFX Spectrum - I know its not ideal for gold but I can't afford a new detector until I find $4500 worth of nuggets ;)

Any ideas of places to go that aren't too far from civilization? I am about to have both knees replaced so I dont want to do a lot of hiking to get to the hunting grounds.

Thanks,

Andy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread