Nugget Shooter Caddy

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300, Falcon MD20
Not sure if anyone else has the same frustrations I have. I tend to cover a lot of ground detecting, and use a lot of tools when im drywashing or nugget shooting. Either I need a pick-axe, a shovel, sledgehammer, or all three, etc..... I hate running back to the truck for the right tool, especially when dealing with desert soil, which can be rock hard. I'm making a portable cart to at least get my tools closer when i'm a long way from my vehicle. I'm hoping to be done this week. Ill put expanded metal for the bottom and some more bracing. It has 12" ground clearance and pulls easy. I'll send more photos when finished.

Attachments

• caddyDSC01011.jpg
    caddyDSC01011.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sierra Kid

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
Its about 20 pounds empty. When loaded it may be close to 35 pounds. I may do another out of aluminum, but will wait till I learn to weld better. Talking welding classes at the community college now that I have a little spare time! It should hold my small dry washer and a couple of 5 gallon plastic buckets and a .410 shotgun for the random nasty critters (snakes, bobcat) that may be interested in getting close.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im always armed when prospecting on land im allowed to carry on for snakes and nutjobs but, bobcats seriously? your more likely to be bit by a scorpion or bee than a bobcat. i would invest in a good backpack when you try to go any real distance your gonna get frustrated and end up with all your tools piled next to you and your cart in the last place you could push it to.

OP
OP
Sierra Kid

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, pry bars are a great idea. I'll make a slot for those. For the gun I was thinking of a cut off piece of PVC with a rubber bottom. No ATV yet. Thinking of a Honda Big Red. It would really make the difference. Bobcats, well it sounds kind of out there, but you never know.... People are probably more of a threat. Lots of snakes. Have run into several fat Mojave Greens. A scorpion crawled over my hand last Thursday while breaking a rock pile, but he went on his way.
If I wind up making an aluminum one, bike type tires would be a great addition. I got the 10" ones from Harbor Freight. There is actually a foot of ground clearance. The best solution is a 4x4 ATV though....

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A good concept, and a couple of comments.
Shotgun!!!!!!!!!!!!that means a bunch of little pellets to detect maybe later( I carry a 45, first 2 loads are snake shot and the rest are the nasty ones). I've thought about the pellets and snakes encountered; wasn't finding any gold in that area anyway and let them be.
Seems a bit wide w/ little tires (that's already, been brought up). A good pick on a belt holder, and carry everything on your person, is the best. Well not the best- this is

Attachments

• IMG_0315 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_0315 (600 x 450).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0315 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_0315 (600 x 450).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 319

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shepcal,

"A good pick on a belt holder, and carry everything on your person, is the best. Well not the best- this is" (the ATV).

I understand Sierra's frustrations trying to get around remote country with needed equipment, as I'm thinking the same thing for years. But I sure like your answer above, and figure it'd be a fun way of getting around. Even up here, there always seem to be paths/abandoned tracks through heavy bush. I see plenty of moose hunters using them. Must work OK.

Jim.

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
I couldn't be bothered dragging anything around. I carry a light pick and if I encounter hard digging, I mark it with a GPS and go back later.
It's the age thing.....

The Cat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread