gold in the north east.

ramcharger

Aug 2, 2007
try the swift river and the wild, near bath NH, Twinriver Campground has panning equiptment buy or rent theres gold there but its fines that you would have to pan out, i have been going there and never found anything big enough to fiind with a detector - 1/4 gram and rice size peices.if you want to dredge or highbank you should have a permission from he land owner and a permit $100 a year,
i dredge and highbank and pan
vt has good gold along rt 100 but no power tools in the water-i found 2 nice pickers with a sluice behind stowe mt ski resort, there is a prospecting group over there it might be GPAA but im not sure, they hold a group dig at twinrivercampground each year...
good luck
regards Ram

frank

Sep 4, 2004
N.W. Arizona
Detector(s) used
ML 3500,Whites GMT,Gold Bug I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Connecticut , Lead Mine Brook area don't know the rules and regs for the state.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in july will be trying the swift river i'm just 40 miles south of it going to use the hard way method got a tesoro deleon and going to get a 4" sniper coil and run in all metal have learned and distinguished the difference in all metal tone between good stuff and hot rock so hoping for the best!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck--hope you get some good stuff!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread