GPAA Claims

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I'm think of heading down to nugget shoot (Gold Bug and MXT) two GPAA claims east of Indio, CA after the rain stops...Red Cloud and Bumper Cactus...Anyone have any luck there? I'm taking my crevicing stuff/mac vac and about 100 gallons of water to pan with. Never been to these claims before and the weather looks a lot nicer there than up near me...Visalia, CA Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Thanks...I guess this one is kind of a mystery....I will broaden my question and just ask how well anyone has done near Indio, CA?

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
killerwine said:
I'm think of heading down to nugget shoot (Gold Bug and MXT) two GPAA claims east of Indio, CA after the rain stops...Red Cloud and Bumper Cactus...Anyone have any luck there? I'm taking my crevicing stuff/mac vac and about 100 gallons of water to pan with. Never been to these claims before and the weather looks a lot nicer there than up near me...Visalia, CA Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Lots of lead and brass, good luck.

bicylecharley

Feb 25, 2010
I went to the claim "Bathista" er some such, close to Tameccula and found I was right outside of town on a friday eve, and the thrill in the area was to go shooting in the hills. So watch yer back out in the desert! I was in my small motorhome, down a little valley on adirt road finding very, very fine micro small flour gold and ducking every 10 minutes er so and disided to pack er in and head out-a there. Maybe in mid-week is better.
Good Luck!
Charley--------------------Out!

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
thats the batista claim,near hemet.meth head country.would think that the cdc fire camp almost adjoining the claim should discourage a free fire zone.cdc=state prison honor camp.sounds like a dry weather drywashing claim.was up that little canyon about 20 years ago.was interesting country.what detector/equipment were you using?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I worked the claim in RedCloud Canyon about a year ago. There is a ton of led and brass laying around. I did find a few SMALL flakes with my Gold Magic working dry. The road in is rough and overgrown vegetation scrapes the side of your vehicle but I made it in with a 21' MH and I only used 2w drive. Cell phones work great there, there is a repeater on top of the Mt. Looks like the week end shooting thing hapens there too, but the people I met there were friendly, all 4 of them. good luck!

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let us know how you do, i have been a gpaa member for 2 years now.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Have been a GPAA life member since about 94', but I live on the east coast. I take trips out west where most of the gold seams to hide. I have found dust flower and some pickers but no large nuggets. I was at Stanton when some one found found a very large nugget that GPAA bought. Anybody willing to say where nuggets can be found on a GPAA claim? If so just list the claim # in the guide. I have been to some Georgia claims on the east coast, but found nothing to speak of. I am now trying to find 2 gold mines that once existed in Maryland,but few clues so far. An interesting item, I found flower gold at the slabs, that free camping place near the Sulton Sea. It is in the Washes all over the place.I think it washes down from the Mts. there. I tried to seperate it but it was very evasive. I collected it off the bottom of large rocks that set off my detector. I was using an XLT in prospect mode. Well happy hunting.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Saw a Gold Fever show the other day.
Tom Massie was in Gold Beach Oregon and got color just on the beach.
Then he went up the Rogue River to a GPAA claim (he said).
Got some great pickers and fines shown on TV.
I looked in my GPAA book and there are NO claims listed either open or GPAA on Rogue.
I think he lied.
Wonder if any GPAA sites are any good.
The ones in Alaska look great but the cost of the trip is high.

Grey

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Gray: I got my "new" Mining Guide a short while ago. It lists OR-15 Rogue River It is a open BLM area. He is a business man. Sometimes they stretch the truth. I was on a claim in Georgia on an outing. The gold they divided was actually brought in. It wasn't found on that claim. It's a business and no gold found is bad business. There is gold found on Gold Beach. It washes down the river But only after a heavy flow. I have been there, but at the wrong time.

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
killerwine said:

I'm up in Fresno, so we are really close to each other!! I haven't been down that far, but if you are looking for some GPAA claims that are closer than that you can always check out Last Chance Canyon. It's in Kern county east of Randsburg in the desert. If you are going to get out that way you should beware of rattlers this time of year, they are getting pretty thick. I haven't had a chance to get out that way as of yet, but I am a member of the GPAA and have always wanted to hit the last chance canyon area! I spoke with someone last year who was present when a 9 toz nugget was dug out there!!! I have a Tesoro Lobo Supertraq myself and am very anxious to do some nugget shooting with it. Hope you have luck out there, and maybe we can hook up sometime to do a little nugget shooting. Send me a PM if you ever need a partner.

KEverett

dagreat

Feb 28, 2010
Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KEverett said:
killerwine said:

I'm up in Fresno, so we are really close to each other!! I haven't been down that far, but if you are looking for some GPAA claims that are closer than that you can always check out Last Chance Canyon. It's in Kern county east of Randsburg in the desert. If you are going to get out that way you should beware of rattlers this time of year, they are getting pretty thick. I haven't had a chance to get out that way as of yet, but I am a member of the GPAA and have always wanted to hit the last chance canyon area! I spoke with someone last year who was present when a 9 toz nugget was dug out there!!! I have a Tesoro Lobo Supertraq myself and am very anxious to do some nugget shooting with it. Hope you have luck out there, and maybe we can hook up sometime to do a little nugget shooting. Send me a PM if you ever need a partner.

KEverett

Interesting... I just joined the GPAA. I live in Northern Cali, but take frequent trips to Porterville to visit friends. I might have to take a look at Last Chance Canyon. If I do, I will definitely let you know how things go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread