Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_scratch: What part of the country do you plan on using it in, and for gold items or nugget hunting?

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Howdy Yotetrapper, Check the Garett metal detecting thread here on TN. I thought I saw a post about the scorpion. Good luck. jimmygoat

OP
OP
Y

Yotetrapper

Mar 12, 2010
Thanks for your responses,I am in central Indiana.I wanted to prospect some streams in the area.And also some coin shooting parks and school yards.It's all new to me guess I'll find out shortly.

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, for gold in central Indiana, go to Brown County area. Welcome to T-net and HH.

Ed

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro
I have read it is a good machine. They still make and sell them. If they were not selling they would not be making them. If they were junk they wouldn't sell. Though your question is how will it work for prospecting. Machine was designed for gold if I am correct. I believe the tech. involved is a little older but that does in no way mean it is outdated or incapable. Now you have one. So it is up to you to learn to use it to its FULL potential. With any tool or technology that is the primary limiting factor. Then the question becomes "will I out grow this machines ability". I have a Minelab Xterra 705 and for me the answer is probably not anytime in the near future. I will buy one or 2 more machines but for completley different reasons and applications (more or less).

Go dig Gold (or coins). Its all good.
Jeff

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned one. And they are good machines. And they can be used for coin hunting as well. They very good nugget finders. Their frequency is near the same as used on the original Garratt groundhog which found alot of gold over the years. Its a good and you wont be disappointed in it. I ended up trading mine simply because at the time I wanted a detector with a display. Wish I had held on to it. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread