Randsburg, Ca.

pic

Oct 2, 2005
Upvote 0
G

gubelube

im new to nugget shooting also ,i own a whites mxt nothing fancy for the nuggs but just joined the oc49ers and they have qiute a few claims in the area. i am looking forward to going and spending some time out there, if interested ya can go as a geust and possibly join there club.let me know cuase im always looking for some company and someone with the drive to go and spend some time out there. we could meet out there. john

LSTgoldseeker

Greenie
Dec 22, 2007
california city,ca
Detector(s) used
tesoro lobo super traq,BH QD2,whites coinmaster,whites goldmaster 3, garrett pro pointer pinpointer(love it)
i'm out in california city,i dont belong to any clubs yet but i'd like to..i have a lobo super traq and like to give nugget hunting a try.. bill

S

stefen

High desert with hundreds of open shaft (pit) mines that are a hazard waiting for a chance to happen.

Extremely cold in the winter and as hot as Death Valley in the summer.

Nullers

Mar 11, 2007
Ridgecrest, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2 White's MXT
Try the goler gulch area, just to the north of randsburg in the el paso range. A lot of open deep shafts so watch your step.

oldestjim

Sep 5, 2004
Southern California
The Randsburg area is large... actually both eluvial and alluvial nuggets, as well as eolian can be recovered in the greater area. There is a Tertiary channel that "day-lights" in the El Paso range... To join a prospecting club having claims is a good way to be able to go out and detect without trespassing.

One of the less expensive clubs is the Antelope Valley group. They are very active and not only dry wash and detect in the desert, but also coin hunt in parks as well as dectect both salt and fresh water beaches. They also participate with the West Coasters in putting on one of the best seeded/planted hunts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions