DRY LAND PROSPECTING USING PROPELLER POWER.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In dry land gold areas where there is alot of sand, i can up with this idea of using an industrial fan blade fitted to a four stoke engine on a portable trolly.As most detectors have a limited depth range, this portable fan moved a large pile of sand in hours and increased the depth range and even exposed the odd pennyweight nugget and other items, e.g bottles, tools and a pair of boots. The funny thing is the fan came from the tip and engine off a broken water pump, total cost 25 dollars and many hours of testing and swearing. Welcome you try this idea, it really does work but the specification of my model will remain with me.

TINPAN

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
putit in the trunk of a vw/hood mount a squreil cage style blower like from a furnace and air wash nozzle directional nozzle....

Waco Kid

Apr 21, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Sounds like a great idea, Tinpan. It reminds me of the device Mel Fisher (I think) came up with for use in the ocean. He rigged up a sort of L-shaped duct that would direct the water from his boat's propeller directly downward, so that it could blow away the sand on the shallow bottom. It helped him recover a lot of Spanish gold.

A

Apache

This sounds like an interesting idea, but... it may not be environmentally friendly, kinda like dry land Hydraulicking ... it could ruin detecting for a lot of people if the wrong people get wind of it ... no pun intended.

Aufinder01

Jan 13, 2006
Re: DRY LAND PROSPECTING NOTHIN' NEW!

HI,
Yup I've done this before ! except I used a centrifical blower with a 5 HP electric motor and a genset. Blew away a sand dune that after 20 years is still gone and can still be not seen in the row of dunes! Blew it right down to hard-pan. For those portable units use a leaf blower!

Aufinder01

O

OKIE

Hey Tinpan
That sounds like a good idea
as u know I live in Oklahoma
and we have a lot of sand, I also
owne an air boat ( fan boat for swamps )
285 horse motor, it can blow a man off his
feet if he is standing behind the boat ( don't try this at any time kids )
so I just might try that, thanks for the idea ;D
I hope that make us even,LOL. Have u tried the concreat mixer on those
rocks yet ???
hope to chat soon
HH Ray

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget the detectorist's oath........Put your sand dunes back where you got them! :D Monty

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone, thanks for replys. i thought i would let everyone know that the sand heeps i blew away where man made gold tailings.and NOT NATURAL SAND DUNES.

TINPAN

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
;Most of you desert prospectors already have your leaf blower that you are using on you're dry washers or dry vac's.

chuck t.

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2006
I've got a different 'blower' option if your interested. I'm trying to sell my Mini-Max 1600R Sport Plane for $ 6,250.00 and would even consider a new Minelab 4000 in trade.
It'll get you there and do the nugget dusting if yer interested, but cactus might be a tad rough on your back-side.
Chuck t.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOGLE the words Mojave Desert Valley Fever and you won't be blowing no more. I've personally seen a lot of members of the OC 49ers suffer like dogs and die from this crud!! Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread