finds with my goldmaster

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
made ya look.. :icon_thumleft: i have found a single piece of gold with it a flake... luckily im gettin practice and am confident i will find more..i have been detecting in an old hydrauilic groundsluicing area i believe its relatively unhunted...by anyone good atleast. i find alot of old iron,boot nails etc the only thing modern has been .22 cases n bullets and depression era surface trash..the tailings piles are not dug... i found that giant axe head yesterday in a tailings pile, like 8 to ten inches in very faint signal at first and it didnt register iron till i was on it....DIG EVERYTHING :read2: :read2: :read2: :icon_pirat: i just use my iron id as info.... i was happy with my 4b settings yesterday threshold was holdin nice gain 3 almost 4 v sat was up a little 15x maybe a little less. found the crystal in the same area different trip.theres Quartz veins and tertiary channel in the same spot.........so who wants to come to Placerville..... by the way im self taught newbie still on my first set of batteries...ive never detected with anyone all my schoolin has been the manual this site and the little time ive had in the field...couple that with my historical research and the fact i find gold sluicing all the time i know ill be on my first real nice pieces soon.. enjoy the artifact pics. by the way the big axe head i found yesterday is huge... im six foot four thats my hand in the picture it has to weigh 15 pounds

Attachments

• new digs.jpg
    new digs.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,340
  • artifacts 003.jpg
    artifacts 003.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,314
  • artifacts 004.jpg
    artifacts 004.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,311
  • artifacts 005.jpg
    artifacts 005.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,318
  • artifacts 006.jpg
    artifacts 006.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,308
  • artifacts 007.jpg
    artifacts 007.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,296
  • artifacts 008.jpg
    artifacts 008.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,288
  • artifacts 009.jpg
    artifacts 009.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,301
Upvote 0

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff.
What's that in the 2nd to last pic?

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good question???? it is actually from a different spot... i was dredging on a claim i got permission for last season..old town east of me, our access was on an old rail road grade, we found a wide spot with rock walls and iron trash everywhere, alot of it broken pieces of machinery and stuff we figured it was a maintenance area/camp i found this that thing there its not an uxo....though it looks like an arty round..its solid iron with a flat bottom on the in side smooth inner wall???? crucible for lead???? stamp cleat i dont really know. it is heavy felt great in my pack at the end of the day hikin and dredgin.....

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pvillehunter,thanks much for sharing the pictures and looks like you did get alot of old goodies.
i would really like to get there but right now there is no ways i can.
you will hit that big one soon [ smile ], keep plugging away.
take care and be carefull out there. ron

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: YAHOO one mans trash is anothers treasure. I've put in many rock gardens with my relics and made a few for friends. Ifn' ya can hook up with TDI guy you should really have a ball. Safety in numbers is always a great idea.tons a au 2 u 2 -John :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the comments guys, i use themin my rock gardens too john. i agree safety in numbers not lookin over my shoulder as much...more input and ideas ...and if you get back to your rig and all the tires are slashed you have someone to vent with until someone else comes by....lol...

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after that many targets ,not to many more till you hit a good one.best of luck -diggem all!

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont use the gmt anymore it was a loner im using a gm 4/b i like it more every time i use it...cant wait to get over a nice piece i know i wont miss it.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the quarts crystal is from a patch on a quarts vein white quarts..... lots of little crystals.....lots mine shafts within feet of this new dug quarts out crop i dont think the guy who found it before me has been back i burried a Dr. pepper can last year ther when i went back it was still there not detected...crazy rusty orange quarts filled dirt wish one of you Georgia hard rock miners would come help me dig this seam...... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ;D :icon_pirat: :help:

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark (Under water unit)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pvillehunter....I sure would like to at least meet you in Placerville....I am in Sacramento, and a "loner" of sorts....I can explain more in an email....although I am retired, I have a very sick doggie who needs 24/7 care at the moment, so we would have to hook up on a Saturday or Sunday (I hate weekends, and love week days)....when my wife is home....SushiDog

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pvillehunter,
Thanks for sharing, nice crystal and LOTS of other stuff. I've put my prospecting and backpacking gear back into storage for the winter and I'm now job hunting, again. Though as I click these keys my XLT is sitting right next to me and I'm looking forward to going out with it to actually test out the various coils I have. All I need to do is finish off a few of these To Do Lists and I will have the time.

Good luck with your extended season, 63bkpkr

El Dorado

Greenie
Jun 30, 2009
Hi pvillehunter

I live in El Dorado Hills and have a Whites GMT, I usually detect for gold, however I get real satisfaction when I find relics. I'm retired and can go during the week, if you need some company give me a call 916 358-5111.
Cliff

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: finds with my goldmaster and El Dorado-Cliff

Hi EDCliff,
I also use a GMT for prospecting. This year I played around with the VSAT settings at 6 and above and though I had only limited time to evaluate I found it interesting. Have you compared various VSAT settings both below and above 6 and if so what type of results did you have?

I found that with my gold target I could blank out the backround noise but have the machine read the target, this was around 8 to 10. I was on the gravel surface of the winter time river bed, no idea of how far down the solid rock riverbed was and of course the water was only just under the surface.

Good luck, 63bkpkr

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
pvillehunter said:
the quarts crystal is from a patch on a quarts vein white quarts..... lots of little crystals.....lots mine shafts within feet of this new dug quarts out crop i dont think the guy who found it before me has been back i burried a Dr. pepper can last year ther when i went back it was still there not detected...crazy rusty orange quarts filled dirt wish one of you Georgia hard rock miners would come help me dig this seam...... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ;D :icon_pirat: :help:
.....Why not just take samples here and there on that orange quartz vein..crush 'em up fine and pan them out.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Pville. Nice pics... nice finds. Over the years, I've seen 3 of those large "axe" heads recovered while detecting. 2 still had handles on them. The handles were very short. Short like "hachets". Would be interesting to know why such large heads would have short handles. I don't know. A special purpose? Beats me. Good finds. TTC

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Pville (if you have another name you want public, let me know)--nice finds. I see you've got a few pick tips in your shots as well (those smaller, triangular pieces of steel). I've found lots of those. The most interesting one though was when I was metal detecting a wall of placer-conglomerate. I got a great screaming hit right in the wall--no trash anywhere in that area--thought I'd hit the mother lode. But, it was just the tip of a miner's pick--broken off in that conglomerate. I imagine he was plenty upset too--the area was mighty remote.

You're doing the right things so far, and with all that trash still around, you're definitely in an area that hasn't been hammered to death--that's for sure. I remember doing the same things you're doing, being in proven placer areas, yet finding the same things you're finding, until one day I busted out with a beautiful nugget--my first nugget-shooting find ever. And, it was after a dreadful day (long, long days way up north in the summer) of fighting bugs, heavy gritty sweating, and digging piles, and piles of trash. In fact, I went to detect a throw out pile, and after the third round nail (yes, all day long I'd been digging old squares, and yet this hole was lined with round nails--go figure!), I was really ready to get out of Dodge, but I made one more sweep around the inside perimeter of that hole, and bang--about blew my headphones off. Right under the surface, barely concealed by a bit of dirt and moss--bigger than my thumbnail and almost as wide! Yahoo!!

Now, you have to remember I'd never found any gold before. I'd been expecting a speck, as my first find, all day long. Yet this thing was fat and sassy--a keeper for sure. After that find, the next day in fact, I got onto a sheet of bedrock and chiseled out a dozen fat, sassy nuggets--and I do mean fat and sassy--real growlers in the bottle. I don't know why it is, but it was like my body somehow got tuned to the whole experience after that initial find, and it's been uphill ever since.

If you keep swinging that coil in the areas that were proven gold producers, the gold will come.

All the best, and keep asking questions,

Lanny

The one that started it all--92% fine gold:

Attachments

• MotherAfrica.jpg
    MotherAfrica.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 712

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those ax heads were for making shingles from cedar(if you notice one side of the blade is flat)I also see a broad head(arrow head)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kuger said:
Those ax heads were for making shingles from cedar(if you notice one side of the blade is flat)I also see a broad head(arrow head)
Tnx Kuger. Nice finds! TTC

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice explanation Kuger--I've found some of those myself and had no idea what they were all about/what their purpose was.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread