Travel Channel AZ Gold

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
I saw a show on the Travel channel last night.
They had a segment on a guide that would show you how to find gold with a M/D.
The area they worked was 1.5 hours north of Phoenix.

Has anyone heard of this or,
have any suggestions for me on doing some M/Ding If/when I visit from Minnesota?
I would be coming to Goodyear AZ and would love to do some kind of T hunting while there.

PS, I'm easy: Gold, Silver, Copper, turquoise, gem stones, artifacts......
But please, No Precious Water heads!

Attachments

• PM.jpg
    PM.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 606
Upvote 0

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Should be a good year...Not sure about Az. think it's been dry there but here in Ca. we've had record rain and if you listen closely you can hear the nuggets moving around! ;D

AZNuggethunter

Greenie
Mar 8, 2004
Prescott Arizona
Detector(s) used
Lots of Minelab's
Wetgreenie,
I am glad you enjyed the show. We had a lot of fun filming it. But just like a fishing show it was a short segment that took hours and hours to film.
Everyone there has gone on to find more gold and all have great stories to tell these days.
The episode you viewed is over two years old and I am sorry to say that I no longer take people out. Please feel free to PM me as there are a number of others that will take folks out that I can put you in contact with.

Attachments

• Travel Channel.JPG
    Travel Channel.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 448
OP
OP
Wetgreenie

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Wow, I guess a guy couldn't ask for a better reply than one from a shooter that was involved.
That is awesome, thanks for the reply and I'll defiantly contact you if/when I get a chance to get out there.
Being the time of year it is, the "Snow Bird" migration leaves me without a home base.....for now.

S

stefen

If you are one of the Snow Birds (or Blue-Hairs), winter in Arizona is best...any other time, its so damn hot that the gold melts and evaporates...now thats hot.

AZNuggethunter

Greenie
Mar 8, 2004
Prescott Arizona
Detector(s) used
Lots of Minelab's
Yep, We always carry a bit more water in the summer to pour in the dig holes to hydrate the gold before it hits open air and evaporates. ;D

OP
OP
Wetgreenie

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Thankfully I'm not a Blue hair yet but my grandparents have a place in Goodyear.

I can't imagine the summers down there. I kinda like the 55 degree temps we are having in Minnnesota.
I would imagine an AZ native would pretty much sprain a nipple up here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread