Minelab Explorer II, SE on Gold

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
TreasureGrabber

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't you have any idea? ???

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi there TG, Sorry I cant be of any help to you with the detectors you mention for finding gold. General rule of thum is that if you want to find gold then you are best to use a gold dedicated machine. It is not usual that one machine will do very good at finding both gold & coin/relics. You will have better luck with a gold machine even if hunting for goins & relics but then of course you will be digging EVERY target. That is the difference between gold machines & coin/relic machines.....DISCRIMINATION. They are really two different beasts. From what I have gathered over the years from lurking on forums is that in the VLF world of detectors the best for both worlds is the Whites MXT, Minelabs Exterra 70. There is a chap here in NZ doing very well on bedrock with his Xterra70 & Fishers F75.

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

OP
OP
TreasureGrabber

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you friend for the reply. do you mean Minelabs Exterra 70 is better on gold then Minelab Explorer II? why? what is the difference? as I know EXP II is far better.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
The ML explorer is not good for gold nuggets, almost worthless if fact. If you want to find gold nuggets get a dedicated gold detector.

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi TG, I was just passing on what I have heard & seen from others & other forum feedback on the exterra 70. Addmitidly it is shallow gold from bedrock. Cant say I have heard anything on the explorer for gold. Try doing a google search on the explorer or go back on past posts as I do think I have seen a similar question. Try the minelab forum. Other wise I have to agree with AuDuke in his words of getting a gold dedicated detector for gold. Horses for courses so to speak.

Happy hunting

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread