Anyone used the Whites Spectra V3?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
Hi Lanny. I have done quite a bit of reading posts about the Spectra and I think it could be a fascinating piece of gear. Different metals show up different colours on the graph and apparently you learn very quickly what colour should be on top etc. I was considering one, but as I wanted to hunt gold as well my Dealer steered me to the MXT instead. I would love to have a play with one but my next machine has got to be a TDI Pro.

The Cat

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Apparently the V3i is part of some lawsuit with Minelab or something? What's up with that?

All the best,

Lanny

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
I hadn't heard that one Lanny. I did hear a RUMOUR that Whites had to change the name at one point as it was the same as something else. I reiterate, it is a rumour.

The Cat

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Wildcat--thanks for the info. I don't know exactly what's going on--I'd just like to know if the machine is any good or not and let the lawyers hammer out whatever it is they think needs pounding and pleading for.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread