Australia is a wonderful place...

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This gentleman has multiple videos showing him finding nuggets of all shapes and sizes in multiple unnamed locations. My question is ...is this land government land? Public land? The outback? Or most likely private? It appears to be desolate desert with nothing around for miles. Certainly he is sweating a bit but it doesn't seem like its super hard work once he locates them. Any of you Aussies know where he is detecting?

He has about 30 videos and pretty much all like these... nice nuggets, sometimes just lying on the ground! :o

Upvote 0

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Boy, he must know just where to find 'em. It looks like it could be the end of an old dry wash or something but it's hard to tell. Can you believe it? That's the way it used to be here in the old days, stuff just lying on the ground.

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is 'outback' Australia, did you see the video of over 1 million dollars worth of gold on his table???

OP
OP
TheRandyMan

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What exactly and where exactly is the "Outback"? Not being an Aussie, I have of course heard the term thrown around alot but have no exact idea of where it is or who owns the property, if anyone or anything does own it. Is it public land?

Did a bit of research and that ground certainly looks like "The Red Center" of the Outback east of Alice Springs... :read2:

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the outback is half of the country.......desolate areas,desserts,unpopulated,middle of nowhere, it's a very broad term.

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would believe its just crown land, being dessert .... basically if you tried to live there you'll be mad as a hatter!!

OP
OP
TheRandyMan

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Crown Land"...where is that exactly?

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Government owned, could also be native title land .... in that case, you would want to be like your little picture :)

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a good video and nice chunk of gold :icon_thumleft: i was down under back in the late 60,s 7 day R&R wow is that outback huge even with GPS and maps you get lost and properly never found .Dd60

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have gathered you cant just,show up and get after it.Anything thats not private is "claimed",and heavily protected?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread